ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Blessed are the peacemakers

Posted 05-13-11 at 12:05 PM by Song of Mercy
Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9

Maybe more than any of the other Beatitudes Mt 5:9 reflects the nature and character of God.

In the Word of God the word nature frequently refers to the spiritual parentage of a person. Thus when Adam broke the covenant of faith with God in Genesis, it is said that he inherited the nature of fallen Lucifer. Likewise, when Jesus by faith (trust combined with action on the plans and...
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God

Posted 06-22-10 at 04:55 AM by Song of Mercy
When a baby is born, they don't think about crying or peeing or turning their mouths for food. They simply do. Their motives are not tainted with manipulation. They do not hide truth, rather, they reveal it through the honesty of their communications. They are pure.

In Mt 5:8 Christ declared "Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God." In this context purity is akin to holy. In Eph 4:24 we read "put on the new man, the one created according to God's [likeness]...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Blessed are the Merciful for they will be shown mercy

Posted 03-15-10 at 08:30 AM by Song of Mercy
“Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. Matthew 5:7

Wow, I think I can see why I needed to take a year off before getting back into this blog! As I was reading through the last one I realized that I was not clear in my writing. I love the material in the blog because it is well researched and I think it is fairly accurate. However, I almost had to break out the books just to figure out what I was talking about. That is not good writing, or rather, communicating....
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for rigghteousness for they will be filled.

Posted 05-19-09 at 07:21 AM by Song of Mercy
This verse is such a beautiful verse. It builds upon the foundation laid by the preceding three versus and reveals Christ knowledge and wisdom. Realize that Christ did not have a dictionary or a thesaurus; He most likely did not have paper. Rather He was trained by the reading of God’s word on the Sabbath (similar to church and held on Saturday.) Additionally, He most likely did not formally study the words of the Old Testament due to the financial condition of His family. The question arises, how...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth part 2

Posted 05-16-09 at 05:53 PM by Song of Mercy
I had fun learning about the second half of this verse. Though I said in my preceding blog we were only going to cover the word inherit, as I studied I decided that it would be best to include the final phrase ‘the earth’ as well.

So to begin, let’s talk about the first phrase ‘they will inherit.’ The most important thing to consider in this phrase is the speaker and audience frame of reference. Jesus and His followers had heard this phrase many times. It is from the Old Testament...
Posted in Uncategorized