ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

What a strange day.....

Posted 12-08-09 at 05:22 AM by ginniebean
I started off waking up.. took my meds.. then was so tired I was yawning.. are my meds not working? took a couple more at the right time.. seemed to help.. then a few hours later "yawn"

Now, it's 2:30 am and I'm WIDE awake!

I thought it might be a good idea to have an 'ask the NT' section.. but now I'm not so sure. I don't think they can read things without adding some subtext spin.

It could become tragic.

"would...
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Part 4 (last part)

Posted 11-24-09 at 10:06 PM by ginniebean
I started to feel as if I was not credible, that I was not an equal but had lost such standing that I must appeal to the parent/superior to prove I do not deserve this loss of status?

Somehow the expert turned themselves into the standard against which I am judged and this is right and as things should be, I should not have a problem with this. If I complain, I'm told that I'm being 'oversensitive' “negative” 'excuse making and not seeing things correctly. This despite that...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Firebird

Posted 11-24-09 at 09:24 PM by ginniebean
I have heard the beast pound
in the breath of a bird...
and felt in its feathers the fire.
I have hated with passion
the gathering herd
and the weight of its common desire.
Ah, but no rest for weary terrestrial wings
in beating oppressive air;
they long for the strength
of celestial things
like the essence of myrrh in her hair.

ginniebean
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Part 3

Posted 11-24-09 at 02:14 AM by ginniebean
In my enthusiasm to change my life, to attain my goals, I was eager to hear of the methods involved in assisting myself. The answers have been already worked out and finally I can succeed. I want to be that success story my ego craves.

I noticed the temptation to fudge, to pretend I am more competent, successful than I am. I don't care for this sort of dishonesty because hey, that's not real, it's playing a role. Being a model of 'successful' adhd disability has never been...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Part 2

Posted 11-24-09 at 01:59 AM by ginniebean
Finding a group of people with ADHD has been fantastic and has given me insights I doubt I could get anywhere else, plus what a truly great bunch of people. At the same time, I have spent all sorts of time searching the web, reading research, webpages, coach blogs, etc.. There's just tons of information that I was swimming in. Several months ago I started to notice that often I'd walk away from a site on the net, or a post feeling demoralized. I couln't articulate why, but it did make me curious....
Posted in Uncategorized