ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Things I've been working on.

Posted 07-01-09 at 02:41 AM by ginniebean
My home is now uncluttered and pretty darn tidy. AHHHHHHHH!!! ok, the bedroom hasn't been organized, I have to go thru a whole lot of clothing and give it away. I have given away probably half my stuff, mostly to my youngest son. It was wonderful to just get rid of it. The rest, I just put a sticky note on with the word free and put it on the main floor across from the elevator. It went fast as much of it was really nice, but really just taking up space.

I've been redecorating,...
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Summer Child

Posted 05-29-09 at 12:39 AM by ginniebean
At five, skinned knees and dirty dress, the pelt of orange pressed to my lips sucking the juice thru a sticky hand slit rind.

At six. the oozing blood of earth gushing thru my fingers taking shapes of magical creatures infused with eye of newt and snake licked grass.

At ten, flying feet, racing to nowhere, breathing wind and breathlessly squatting next to the loamy root of a tree. Drunk with the scents of life and the vital energy aflame within.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Determining ADHD Types in Adults

Posted 05-27-09 at 12:57 AM by ginniebean
I should probably let this go but it really bothers me that on a site of ADHDers for ADHDers there is misinformation abounding.

One of the most basic things about ADHD is that it has three subtypes and for some reason there appears to be a lot of confusion about what these three types are. I recently wrote a post about the H in ADHD but it appeared that people stubbornly refused to acknowledge that the inattentive subtype does not have 'impulsive' symptoms. When inattention and impulsiveness...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Life is either a tragedy, a comedy or it just is.

Posted 05-21-09 at 06:44 AM by ginniebean
My friend died this morning. An undiagnosed ADDer, the cause, liver failure, kidney failure and a few other organs failure. Speaking to him of his massive drinking was of no avail. The internal pain he suffered, that went often unnoticed beneath a jovial and truly likable exterior drove him to self destruction.

He was 34 years old, and the little baby he and his wife had last year, his daughter and his eldest son are most likely lost in a grief I experience only in part.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Can't help but feel a bit disappointed.

Posted 03-23-09 at 08:13 PM by ginniebean
I don't know why, but I do. The three main diagnostic criteria for adhd are , hyperactivity, inattentiveness and impulsivity. I have all three. I see the forum for the inattentives and I feel like somehow I'm left out. It seems that the majority of posters are self described inattentives or diagnosed as inattentive.

Having the additional criteria doesn't mean I have less problems with the other two. And yet, somehow this big differences is seen.

Don't know why but this...
Posted in Uncategorized