ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > houts
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

UFC, MTG and Pizza

Posted 07-12-08 at 04:49 PM by houts
[Posted from my blog: http://houtsvideo.blogspot.com/]

Last night I watched UFC 86 Griffin vs. Jackson pay-per-view with my two best friends.

It was a great night. We started out playing Magic the Gathering with our custom creations. Basically we took any character we wanted, from Ronald McDonald to Britney Spears, and made from scratch our own Magic the Gathering cards. All it takes is a printer, glue and some timely due patience. It was a blast playing this enormous pile of politically incorrect and absurd monstrosity. I used to play Magic the Gathering during my college days. This game payed my way through college. While I wasn't the best at the game, I was able to sell these cards through Ebay and travel going to Pro Tour's and regular PTQ's. Those were the days....
Life has that circular pattern in which I am back at where I started: playing this game with my friends at the table, late at night, eating pizza and drinking beer.

The fight came on when we were in between a game, so we had to pause to watch Melvin Guilard beat down some punk. Then back we went to playing, with MGD and Heinken at our side.

Good times, good times....

Thankfully the fight was free thanks to my friends roommate who decided to tell Time Warner Cable to let us have free pay-per-views. The only cost to us were the pizza and beer. Not bad for one night of fun. The Griffin-Jackson fight was amazing!
Forrest, I felt, controlled the fight from round 2 till the end. However, I was amazed that Forrest was given the decision and the win considering he is the challenger and needs to take OVER the fight, while Jackson can defend it. I can understand Jackson's defensive nature in the ring during the 3rd and 4th round. It was up to Griffin to TAKE the belt from him. Not saying Griffin NEEDS to be the attacker, but it is more upon the challenger to do so. I am unsure how the scoring factors in with this concept.

Pizza. Yum!

I succumbed to Pizza Hut and all its greatness.

I need to get back in shape. Before marriage, I used to be in great shape. I was running 5k runs quite regularly. Running was my thing. Somewhere, between the injuries and misdirection of focus, I lost my way. I told myself I would focus on school and if running was any hinder that I would stop it. As you well know-it is all or nothing.

Or should I say 'all or nothing' with ADHD people? *smirk*
Facebook Twitter Submit "UFC, MTG and Pizza" to Digg Submit "UFC, MTG and Pizza" to del.icio.us Submit "UFC, MTG and Pizza" to StumbleUpon Submit "UFC, MTG and Pizza" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2147 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    I know nothing of Magic: The Gathering but the other two UFC and Pizza sounds fun!!!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks