ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the earth.

Posted 05-15-09 at 04:13 PM by Song of Mercy
I really hesitated to translate and comment on this verse. The implications are profound. However, I did say we would do all the Beatitudes, not just the ones that were of an easy disposition to put out as my opinion. So, here we go.

Blessed. We know this one. It is the happy state of a believer worthy of and recipient of the congratulations of God.

Next let’s take a look at who the meek are. I have always wondered about this verse. The thing is, the word meek in modern...
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Posted 04-30-09 at 11:00 AM by Song of Mercy
The information regarding this verse is limited. However, we do know that blessed is a used to mean happy and congratulated. I was curious to know how a person in mourning would feel if they were told, “Congratulations.” Can you imagine? Then I started to do the research and I understood a bit better why they would be in a happy state worthy of congratulations.

Mourning can be translated as longing or yearning for something. We are clearly discussing spiritual principles. Therefore...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

Posted 04-28-09 at 10:14 AM by Song of Mercy
No joke, this section of scripture gave me a work out this morning. I have been chasing down parts of speech, similar uses of words, and themes that are similar with the words ‘is’ ‘kingdom’ and ‘heaven.’ I found one thing out, even in reference tools; no one really cares to make a decisive statement about this passage.

There is a false doctrine that some of you may be familiar with; the doctrine of the ‘kingdom now.’ This doctrine teaches that we are now in heaven and that there is...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Who are the poor in spirit?

Posted 04-27-09 at 08:52 AM by Song of Mercy
The poor in spirit are those souls who do not believe they are sufficient in themselves apart from God. They see themselves in a position of need. They are beggers. This humble position of begging God for a greater understanding of Him positions them for the blessing or congratulations of God himself.

So far we have looked at the beginning section of Matthew 5:3. "Blessed are the poor in spirit." My understanding of this portion of scripture is:

Happy...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Blessed are the poor in spirit

Posted 04-26-09 at 11:03 AM by Song of Mercy
Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom of god.

I have always wondered what the word blessed really means. To that end I spent some time in the lexicon reviewing the various uses. It seems to me that the main defining attribute with this word is position. That may seem like a silly statement since that is true of all words. Yet here there is a subtle word play that gives blessed two meanings.

First it means happy. Plain and simple.

Second...
Posted in Uncategorized