ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > The Unbearable Heaviness of Being
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ramblings from a very disturbed mind
Rate this Entry

About social issues

Posted 02-29-08 at 10:34 PM by Ethereal
I've spent hours reading old threads on the forum over the last couple of days, and especially one thread struck a chord in me. It was about ADHD/ADD and the ability to maintain friendships. Most of the people who replied in the thread have the exact same problem as me- they easily get friends, but have trouble maintaining friendships over time.

I've struggled with this all my life, also, we moved a lot when I was growing up (I've lived in 18 different places so far), and I got used to getting to know people, then moving away and have very limited contact with them afterwards- a few letters, and e-mail, then nothing.

I hadn't thought about how this might be linked to my ADHD. It's nice to have an explanation for my behaviour. But the big question is: What can I do about it?
Facebook Twitter Submit "About social issues" to Digg Submit "About social issues" to del.icio.us Submit "About social issues" to StumbleUpon Submit "About social issues" to Google
Views 1186 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks