ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > ggal
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Debt

Posted 09-02-08 at 08:18 PM by ggal
This was quite possibly the WORST three day weekend EVER. I found out, by accident, that we are head over heels in debt. To say I'm angry is a complete understatement.

This is going to be a very trying time in the Grafter house. It may break us. We are probably already broken, if I were to be honest with myself. We are broken. My heart is broken. My trust is gone.

I don't know what to do. I fear this relationship is nearing its end. We will both lose.

God bless, how does one fix this?
Facebook Twitter Submit "Debt" to Digg Submit "Debt" to del.icio.us Submit "Debt" to StumbleUpon Submit "Debt" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2548 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    Open communication, full disclosure, and the ability to see the other person's POV. It won't be pretty, but if you can make it through it's so worth it.

Recently my hubby and I have had it out over money, and the finances. He's frustrated that he works and works and works and yet we always seem to have that same old $15 left over after the bills are paid.

I'm annoyed that he doesn't seem to trust me (I handle the bills, since we are one income I'm home to do it), and that he's completely missing the little details that have changed over the years (more kids, bigger mortgage, etc).

Finally I sat down and wrote it all out. he wrote back, and we were able to talk. We've worked it out, and things are better now. We have a plan that will allow for more financial stability, but without having to live a pauper's life to get it.

We had to look past ourselves to really see the other person. Messy getting there, but worth it.

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks