ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > 4gotAgain
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Quotes

Posted 04-24-08 at 03:42 AM by 4gotAgain
I really like quotes. Here are some about Truth, Imagination, Individuality and Love..there are heaps of other good ones out there..
Reading a quote is like having a summary of a whole book in a sentence (or sometimes a paragraph)
Thank God for the internet and heaps of websites with lots of random quotes.

Heres some I really like...

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
Oscar Wilde

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.
-Edward Estlin

There is a boundary to men's passions when they act from feelings; but none when they are under the influence of imagination."
-Edmund Burke

"Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give -- which is everything."
-Anon

The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived opinion, by prejudice.
-Arthur Schopenhaur

Only in men's imagination does every truth find an effective and undeniable existence. Imagination, not invention, is the supreme master of art as of life.
-Joseph Conrad

If we are to survive, we must have ideas, vision, and courage. These things are rarely produced by committees. Everything that matters in our intellectual and moral life begins with an individual confronting his own mind and conscience in a room by himself.
-Arther M Schlengiser

"Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within."
-James Baldwin

"It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place."
H.L Menkin

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
-Albert Einstein

"The best proof of love is trust."
Joyce Brothers

Truth is power, but only when one has patience and requires of it no immediate
effect. And one must have no specific aims. Somehow, lack of an agenda is the greatest power. Sometimes it is better not to think in terms of plans; here months may mean nothing, and also years. Truth must be sought for its own sake, its holy, divine greatness.
-Romano Guardini

I like nonsense -- it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living. Its a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope...and that enables you to laugh at all of lifes realities.
-Dr Seuss

"Consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative."
-Oscar Wilde

And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in all the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual.
-John Steinbeck

"Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never."
Charles Caleb Colton

Our conscious motivations, ideas, and beliefs are a blend of false information, biases, irrational passions, rationalizations, prejudices, in which morsels of truth swim around and give the reassurance albeit false, that the whole mixture is real and true. The thinking processes attempt to organize this whole cesspool of illusions according to the laws of plausibility. This level of consciousness is supposed to reflect reality; it is the map we use for organizing our life.
-Erich Fromm

"Love builds bridges where there are none."
R.H Delaney

"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love."
-Henry Drummond

We are shaped and fashioned by what [whom] we love.
-Johan van Goegh

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."
-Lao-Tsu

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
-Mother Theresa

and lots more..
www.quoteland.com

Facebook Twitter Submit "Quotes" to Digg Submit "Quotes" to del.icio.us Submit "Quotes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Quotes" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2833 Comments 5 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old

Some originals I wrote some where -

Oh I wrote them here - they were my signature at one time or another. . . .

Please note:
    If I can't use my ADHD as an excuse for my own bad behavior then you can't use my ADHD as an excuse for your bad behavior either. Tammy original 2005

Inspired by DemX!
    Success comes first in the heart of attitude, which is born of the mind's perception of itself (not just outside itself), the "recognizable" action is the result of the former two! :Tammy original April 7, 2006

Inspired by my meta friends as ADDF April 7, 2006

I can not pronounce nor can I spell these words but as plain as day I can read and write.
    Flaws, dysfunctions or impairments are merely obstacles, we gain strength from as we climb them on our way to improvement of self (-: / :=) thus becoming a voice in the progress of humanity!
  2. Old
    theyre really good.
    will have to write them down.
  3. Old
    here are some of einsteins quotes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wod0UoOHhvo
  4. Old
    If I can't use my ADHD as an excuse for my own bad behavior then you can't use my ADHD as an excuse for your bad behavior either. Tammy original 2005

- was thinking about this..so agree!

Also hate it how its fine for you to talk about the negatives of ADHD and they will frequently talk about it themselves.
    But as soon as you mention positives..your not allowed to talk about it, its not ADHD and your lying because..you have ADHD of so of course its all negative.
    Its ok to be demented and different but its not okay to be different and have something good come out of it.
    i dunno i just dont get it...
    its like..people will do all they can to see your negatives but hate you if you do things positive.
    Its like..your allowed to be honest about your negative points but as soon as your honest about positives..your just creating a scene, your flaunting it, showing off.
    Its like people are saying..its fine for you to be negative about yourself..it makes me feel better about me, but dont ever say anything positive, because it means i feel worse...maybe its got nothing to do with anyone else..

Im not perfect sure..i get jealous of people from time to time etc but why cant we encourage and compliment others when they do something well?
    why do we automatically have to compare ourselves to them? When we all have different gifts..gifts that others probably are no good at at all?
    eg i suck at maths, horribly untidy, crap singer, dont write very well, alot of science goes over my head, could never manage a business, never be a good portrait artist, horrible at saving money, hardly remember things short-term, suck at chess and other board games, find it hard to stick to anything (and how can you get anything done if you cant stick to things!), not good at details etc etc etc and the list goes on and on and on ..others are sooo good at these things..why cant we just accept peoples gifts and say well done..?
    I dont get it..
    people shouldnt be afraid to use their gifts...because it might offend someone else etc..we should all be using our gifts to our full potential! and encouraging each other along the way...
    Society runs better when everyone is using their unique gifts..thats why we are all good at different things..
    and we wonder why countries experience so called "brain drains" etc..

just some ideas..
    and im so crap at explaining this..
  5. Old
    add to that..i cant cook for crap..just had a sandwhich for dinner again!