ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > The Unbearable Heaviness of Being
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ramblings from a very disturbed mind
Rate this Entry

The queen is not dead, after all

Posted 04-24-08 at 06:13 AM by Ethereal
Not the drama queen, anyway. Why do I always halways have to make a big deal about anything? I was walking back from the grocery store yesterday, and suddenly, I fell down, in the middle of the road. I had seizures, it was so scary. Then I became unconcius, and woke up in an ambulanceI I was rushed to the hospital, and they ran a bunch of tests, and decided that is was probably just lack of sleep and food that had caused it. They forced me to stay there overnight, I was released 4 hours ago.

Even worse- my laptop is dead! I've only had it since january, have had problems with it since the day I got it, but I didn't expect it to die- but of course it did, as my external hard drive is broken, so I don't have backup. Years of short stories, newspaper ariticles- everything is gone. Until I get a new one, I can only use internet at school and my friends's houses, so I won't be around much until then.

I had my first appointment with the uni shrink today. She was nicke, and she told me about certain rights I have as a student with a disability. She was going to check out the opportunities until next time we meet. Promising!
Facebook Twitter Submit "The queen is not dead, after all" to Digg Submit "The queen is not dead, after all" to del.icio.us Submit "The queen is not dead, after all" to StumbleUpon Submit "The queen is not dead, after all" to Google
Views 2905 Comments 7 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old
    ooh sounds like youve had a bad coupla days. hope your feeling better now? Have you been sleeping quite badly and not eating enough or..? Sometimes stress does that ay.

its a bummer when ya laptops/computers die ay. It happened to mine as well..though punching it might of had something to do with it lol (it was going really really slow)..

anyways hope ur feeln a bit better
    xx
  2. Old
    Thank you! It just woke up again, but I have to get it fixed, it's not quite dead yet, but close, it turns itself off every 10 minutes, and i still get + signs beteeen each word that I have to delete, +or +else +it +looks +like +this.

I haven't had a proper meal in a week, and slept maybe 15 hours, so I guess I got what I deserved.

I've almost punched it a number of times, but managed not to do it. I have yelled at it a lot, though.
  3. Old
    that would suck...are you gonna send it into a computer repair place or something?

can i ask why your not eating and sleeping n all that? I had a week like that a couple weeks ago..was just majorly stressed out about stuff.

computers are awesome but they drive me crazy..
    yup yelling at it will totally work
  4. Old
    I'm going to send it in as soon as I get my new student ID card, I can't get access to the computer rooms at uni without it.

I'm not sleeping because I'm an insomniac, and haven't been eating because I've got an eating disorder.
  5. Old
    oh ok. i have had a bad week with sleeping as well...even less sleep than usual..
    do u see anyone for it or anything?
  6. Old
    Both my doctor and my shrink (who recently quit her job and decided that I didn't need more help..HA!) have known about this for a long time, and the only thing that seems to work are strong drugs- the one I normally use is even illegal in the US.

I've been this way all my life, when I'm not on drugs, I'm lucky if I get 3 hours of sleep.
  7. Old
    Please take care of yourself! You can't be having seizures and blacking out - can i please come over and shove a sandwich down your throat or something???
    What are you going to study at uni?

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks