ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > xraylady33
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Judgement...

Posted 07-30-08 at 07:49 PM by xraylady33
We are taught as children to look at others..see what they look like..what they are wearing..where and how they live. We decide who our children can play with and if it will be the right influence..all knowing..maybe our influence is too strong..too judgemental..to overpowering.

Our cultural differences are dividing the place we live into a non sophisticated playground..where we are all divided by our status.

I make no claim to be more or less of a person..I have judged, and been judged..and in my lifetime I will not see much change. We are powered by wealth, class, and the desire to want more than we can appreciate or afford.

I see people all day..but never the outside, only the inside..no skin..no smile..just bones and tissue..and other than genetic predisposistions..we are all primarily the same; which is beautiful! I never see your home, your car, your outfit, or even your smile..and yet I make it my job to see how perfect you are in your own way each and every day.

I ponder my mind daily..you see judgement starts early in the day as you look in the mirror..maybe its a good day..you feel distinguished, or a bad day and you feel like less of a person..whatever the case; we are all magnificiantly guilty of judging others, but today, just one time..look in the mirror, and say "today I will look at me and not my shell".

Teach your children well..they love you, and will admire your beauty and strength from a different view..the view you teach them.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Judgement..." to Digg Submit "Judgement..." to del.icio.us Submit "Judgement..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Judgement..." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3959 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    Beautifully said.

Every person has their virtues, love yourself for those things that you do well, for the way you interact with the people you enjoy talking to, to those small accomplishments that you've achieved, for who you were as a child and those friends that enjoyed your company, it is all important and they are all things that made you the great person that you are today.
  2. Old
    How very true! I've always tried to teach my nieces and nephews to look Not at what a particular child is wearing, Not what she or he looks like but what kind of character the other child has. How does he/or she treat other children and adults. I used to say "I don't care if your friend is pink and blue polka dot and wears rags to school everyday and is disliked by every other child if they are important and loyal enough to be called "My friend" that is what really matters.
    We are known by our friends and friends should mirror our character and we theirs in a way that says "I'm so glad we are friends....." And Ya~a~A~H, I'm glad you and I are friends.
    Posted 10-05-08 at 11:46 PM by ~Ødd~Scr~θθball ~Ødd~Scr~θθball is offline

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks