ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

I've never had a blog, only journals. Those are pretty serious records of my illness/meds/cycling, etc.

So this might be fun and different.
Old

Why write?

Posted 09-08-11 at 08:21 AM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
My journal about my medical challenges is ridiculously long, pages and pages.

I've started handwritten journals at home.

I used to write poetry, and take lots of notes about spirituality.

I've started a blog or two, but don't get far. Even this one is sparse.

So why write? Why the urge, the need, to express the thoughts in the written word, to see it staring back at me. It's not as if I'm especially good at it. Or maybe I just need...
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Field Day

Posted 06-20-11 at 09:50 AM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
My kids tried to run off to school today in long sleeve shirts... I kept hollaring at them to come back to the house as I thought of stuff they needed for Field Day! (long sleeve shirts and no water, good grief.)

So they came back for t-shirts, then for water, then a canned-good for the food drive, caught one of them before he hit the driveway with a couple of hats and sunblock... (we are really pale and burn easily, I'm all for them sweating away their day but sunburned/dehydrated...
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Thoughts on Death

Posted 06-16-11 at 11:02 AM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
Tuesday morning one of my clients' husband passed away. I arrived at my client for this morning and he had to go to the hospital. I've been through death and sickness lots of times when working in a convalescent home, but it's been a while.

Some patients I found in their bed when I went to give them a morning bath. Others were screaming in the night for their doctor, the nurse could find nothing wrong, but they knew it was their time, and they passed soon after. Some days I would...
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Helicopter Moms and Two Front Teeth

Posted 06-16-11 at 07:58 AM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
I've never been a hovering kind of Mom. I homeschooled them for years but I did not shelter them from bad things; and one in particular I really wish I could have kept them safe from. I've always believed that "boys will be boys", they're going to get into trouble, fights and scrapes. Black and blue knees and scratches are the sign of a happy childhood; from climbing trees and chasing and, in our case, a few batterings with a makeshift epee. (brothers. what can I say?)

My...
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Haven't been here in a while...

Posted 06-16-11 at 07:53 AM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
I started a blog elsewhere and then thought this morning, why? So here's the intro to it:

This emoticon and the pic of Dory, well, I pretty much look like that and go through life loving and laughing as much as possible.

I'm a wife and a mom; a companion/homemaker for the elderly; a community theater mouse, always scampering about; a loved daughter and granddaughter; a renaissance woman, or so it seems sometimes; and a so-so writer, lacking that certain eloquence...
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized