ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Song of Mercy
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Posted 04-30-09 at 11:00 AM by Song of Mercy
The information regarding this verse is limited. However, we do know that blessed is a used to mean happy and congratulated. I was curious to know how a person in mourning would feel if they were told, “Congratulations.” Can you imagine? Then I started to do the research and I understood a bit better why they would be in a happy state worthy of congratulations.

Mourning can be translated as longing or yearning for something. We are clearly discussing spiritual principles. Therefore I concluded those mourners that Jesus referred to were yearning for something from God. They could be yearning for understanding. However, that was the essence of the preceding verse. They could also be yearning for someone. That makes more sense. My mom died a few years ago. I was in a state of mourning for her and yes, I longed for her presence. As such, we need to consider the context of the verse. Since blessed means a happy state of one worthy of congratulations which are issued from God in heave, it seems reasonable that these mourners are longing for God himself. They desire to be in his presence.

Next, we turn our attention to the section of the verse that states the mourner will be comforted. This one is not too hard to translate and is such a joy to understand. If someone congratulated me for my loss I would not be comforted. However, if someone congratulated me for the gain of that which I longed for my joy would increase. In the last verse we came to understand that all the rewards to the believer came directly from the hand of God. As that verse sets the precedence for the following verse I concluded that the comfort came from God. Now this is neat. The form in which God comforts the mourners that are longing for his presence is by summoning them into his presence.

Let’s summarize the verse.

Happy and to be congratulated are those who long for God for He will personally summon them into his presence.

Halleluiah!

Song
Facebook Twitter Submit "Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted." to Digg Submit "Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted." to del.icio.us Submit "Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted." to StumbleUpon Submit "Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1859 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks