ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Title is a quote by Robin Williams. See first blog entry for a description .
Rate this Entry

Day One.

Posted 08-02-08 at 02:27 PM by BTCruiser
So I picked up my prescription around noon. I've been at a meeting all week in Texas, and got home late Thursday night, so I only went into work to clean up a few things on Friday and headed home early. (It feels so weird to make those decisions to do so on my own - you know? I'm so used to punching a clock, and now to have a manager who says as long as I work my required hours and I'm available when I'm needed, I don't need to report to him to ask if I can leave early or come in late is strange to me.).

My cousin was watching my son, who was napping when I got home (my mom watches him right now until we find a daycare, but is on vacation - one of the downsides of this job transfer is that my husband is here job-hunting but has to return to sell our home and keep his current job - he will move out here when he either gets a new job or our house sells. Until then, my son and
I are living with my parents.). So I took my first dose around 1 PM.

I honestly didn't feel much for awhile. I did get a slight euphoric feeling for a couple of hours, but that wore off. Then I started getting motivation to do things. My son and I played for awhile, and when my husband got home, we ran out to do some errands.

The big mistake was taking the additional 5 mg at 6:30 or so (since I was afraid 10 mg would keep me up). Yeah. Dumb. I got a LOT done last night, let's put it that way. I also didn't fall asleep until 4 AM.

So, that was day one.
Facebook Twitter Submit "Day One." to Digg Submit "Day One." to del.icio.us Submit "Day One." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day One." to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1812 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks