ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Is There a Better Life For Me? A Blog By CrystalShiloh
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

New Intellectconect Profile

Posted 06-29-10 at 04:27 PM by CrystalShiloh (Is There a Better Life For Me? A Blog By CrystalShiloh)
I am here to find friends with whom I can have intelligent interactions.*

I'll associate and accept anyone as an acquaintance, as they are, but my criteria for close friends in my circle include the following characteristics are authenticity w/o any apologies, self-acceptance, an openness to and acceptance of others as they are, and constantly changing. I prefer that potential friends and I have some overlap in our interests and have significantly more interests that are individual....
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old
Rating: 2 votes, 4.00 average.

Intellectconnect Profile

Posted 06-17-10 at 05:59 PM by CrystalShiloh (Is There a Better Life For Me? A Blog By CrystalShiloh)
Updated 06-17-10 at 06:05 PM by CrystalShiloh (I am a perfectionist)
Headline:
Says the cheshire cat, "Mean what you say, and say what you mean."

It is absolutely crucial to me that my friends accept me as I am unconditionally and so I present an authentic self perception. That perception is not at all static; it is dynamic. I see myself as being in a constant state of becoming. It takes at least a lifetime. Nothing can be clear cut positive/negative. Everything contains the potentiation to be either; it is a matter of perception....
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Re: Better Living Through Chemistry, a Blog Entry - Follow-up w/Neurologist

Posted 06-14-10 at 02:27 PM by CrystalShiloh (Is There a Better Life For Me? A Blog By CrystalShiloh)
Updated 06-15-10 at 03:50 PM by CrystalShiloh (I am a perfectionist.)
This afternoon, I had an appointment w/my neurologist. I wanted the opportunity to ask her if she had any objections to my taking a stimulant to alleviate some of the symptoms of my AD/HD.*

She had no problem w/me resuming Provigil, which is the stimulant my psychiatrist put me on earlier this year and subsequently took me off of after my stroke, and/or Vyvanse, which is another stimulant my old psychiatrist prescribed me late last year. My neurologist told me that she would talk with...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Better Living Through Chemistry

Posted 06-14-10 at 02:25 PM by CrystalShiloh (Is There a Better Life For Me? A Blog By CrystalShiloh)
Updated 06-15-10 at 03:47 PM by CrystalShiloh (I am a Perfectionist.)
At the beginning of the year, I started seeing a new psychiatrist. He diagnosed me with OCPD and ascertained that it was my main issue. He said he wanted to focus on that first. My AD/HD would have to wait until my OCPD was more manageable. I was and had been self-medicating with cigarettes and coffee. Both contain stimulants. AD/HD is usually treated with stimulants and those come with their own set of side-effects.

When I seemed stable on my medicines, I had a stroke and after that,...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Anxiety Zone Member Introduction Featured in the Forums/ Story of My Stroke

Posted 06-14-10 at 02:23 PM by CrystalShiloh (Is There a Better Life For Me? A Blog By CrystalShiloh)
Updated 06-16-10 at 03:40 AM by CrystalShiloh (I am a perfectionist)
My name is CrystalShiloh. I came here to the Anxiety Zone to chat with others affected by anxiety and in order to see anyone's else's profile, one must introduce themself. I was hoping to avoid this as I never know what is appropriate to write as an intro, but I'll do my best. Anyway.

I am a 31 year old female and I live in the Washington D.C. Metro Area. I have a husband and we have two cats, named Rand and Descartes. I am unemployed; however, I was enrolled at George Mason University...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized