ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > SuperChan
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

My son gets his check-up today

Posted 02-08-08 at 07:38 PM by SuperChan
I have to admit, I am kind of nervous about my sons check-up today with the psychiatrist. Lately, it has seemed that his medicine isn't working anymore. We have been battling side-affects left and right, and it seems they are so limiting in the meds he can have.

We tried anti-seizures, but those only made his tantrums worse by ten-fold. His Vyvanse makes it hard for him to sleep so he takes Melatonin. While his Risperdal makes him constipated and have urinary retention. We'll see what he says though.

I am also going to see if he will give me something to hold me over until I can see him in a couple of weeks. I am just not able to cope with my symptoms without meds anymore.

Post Appointment:

I am hopeful.

Dr. increased my son's dose of Risperdal in hopes that it will work a little better in controlling his tantrums.

Dr. prescribed Lamictal for me and asked me if I would be interested in his Bipolar Clinical trial. I go in next week for my first appointment (sooner than if I were a regular pt.). He said the trial combines two drugs: Lamictal and Abilify.

I wish me luck.
Facebook Twitter Submit "My son gets his check-up today" to Digg Submit "My son gets his check-up today" to del.icio.us Submit "My son gets his check-up today" to StumbleUpon Submit "My son gets his check-up today" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1499 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks