ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Song of Mercy
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Song of Mercy's Journey Through the Bible

Posted 04-26-09 at 09:58 AM by Song of Mercy
Hello Friend, thanks for stopping by my blog. Well, the title probably says it all...this is a Christian blog of my journey through the Bible. Though my personal devotions usually take me to the Psalms and Proverbs, I noticed that I am having a hard time connecting with the rest of the Word of God.

I believe that Jesus is going to be our guide. To start us off I am going to be blogging about the beatitudes. It may take some time to get through them as they are possibly the most concise summery of God's will in the Bible.

Before we get started I would like to share a bit about my faith with you. I am a Christian of 20 years and have been educated in Biblical Studies at Evangel University here in Springfield MO. After I left Evangel I totally fell apart.

As an adult child of an alcoholic family I was not equiped to function well in my adult responsibilities. I just did not know how to be an adult, a friend, a mother, a wife, or even a contibuting member of society.

Through many trials including homelessness and poverty so severe I have had to eat form dumpsters, I never stopped trusting Christ. I believed that as stated by the great Apostle Paul, 'All things work for the good of those who trust in Christ.' And from Phillipians, 'I can do all things through Jesus Christ my Lord.'

I have felt alone in my emotions, but in my mind I was always able to acknowledge the goodness of Christ. I knew He was with me. Even so, it took many years for me to lay it all down at His feet with utter and complete confidence in His faithful care and intimate unbroken dwelling with me. I was never alone. I can see that now.

This could be a long story, and maybe someday I will write it all out, but for now I just want you to know that I love Jesus and have been powerfully remade and healed in His faithful hands.

To the beatitudes....
Facebook Twitter Submit "Song of Mercy's Journey Through the Bible" to Digg Submit "Song of Mercy's Journey Through the Bible" to del.icio.us Submit "Song of Mercy's Journey Through the Bible" to StumbleUpon Submit "Song of Mercy's Journey Through the Bible" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 3193 Comments 1 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old
    Song, I am deeply touched by not only whatv has happened in your life, but your faith inGod that shines like a brilliant star in a dark night sky. Thanks for giving me a glimpse of the ashes in your life that God has reclaimed and called beautiful, dear one

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks