ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

I've never had a blog, only journals. Those are pretty serious records of my illness/meds/cycling, etc.

So this might be fun and different.
Old

Up and Running Again!

Posted 09-23-08 at 12:14 PM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
The pipes are fixed and now it's time to get back to work. We have lots of dust to clean off of things and I'm calling an extra rehearsal this week. This weekend will be even better than opening night and we'll make up for any money lost from the cancelled show. (says the director with crossed fingers)
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I just gave birth...

Posted 09-20-08 at 09:40 PM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
To a wonderful show!!!

Last night it opened to an audience of smiling faces and left with more smiles.

I'm a proud Mama. The cast was great and opening night is a nervous hump to get over.

Tonight however didn't go as well...we were cancelled because there was no plumbing in the building.

I'm sure all will be ok...and the next performance will be even better than the first.
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Dress Rehearsal: This is it!

Posted 09-18-08 at 09:50 AM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
Tonight is the final dressing rehearsal before Opening Night.

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness...

I have butterflies in my stomach and over the moon with excitement. I'm crossing my fingers that they'll remember their lines! They look great! The costumes are great...aaahhhhh!!!!! Can't wait!

Last night I was even less involved in the technical set up and organizing of it. At this point in a show I'm usually going crazy backstage getting...
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hell Week is here.

Posted 09-13-08 at 03:19 PM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
Never disagree with your set designer about the colors used on the set. For some reason there is a problem with my not liking plaid.

But if that's all that's "wrong", then I will relax. I'm trying to anyway.

Oh forget it...there isn't relaxing at this point. It's fun...but the pressure is on. My main concern is that they'll remember their lines. Otherwise their characters and blocking are great.

Lots to do with props...all...
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Almost hell week

Posted 09-02-08 at 11:55 PM by EYEFORGOT (musings, etc.)
The next two weeks will be flying by fast. It's counting down to the performance at our community theater.

This time, I'm directing.

I haven't directed adults in a while, but I have a small cast and a wonderful crew. I think it's coming along great. My tummy is getting some flutters in it.

I don't criticize my actors, they're great. I'm self-conscious that I haven't done the job I'm supposed to be doing. I must be, or I wouldn't be enjoying watching...
can't remember diddly
Posted in Uncategorized