ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > Cacho
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

Going to the Gym

Posted 04-26-11 at 08:29 AM by Cacho
So, I've been going to the gym for three months now. Every Mon, Tue, Thu, and Fri I get up at 4am, leave for the gym at five and lift weights for an hour and a half. I push myself, so there are days when I feel like it'd be easier to sleep in, or do less weights, or just hop on an elliptical and watch TV, but I don't, I always go and lift as much weight as I can.

So, why is it that sometimes I can't pick up the phone to call someone, or I can't pick up a pen to fill out a form, or I can't get started on what I want to do? And what does can't mean anyway? I know I can, but I don't. I don't and there's a voice screaming inside me that I must... Well, actually it's not screaming, by this point it's wondering aloud in a state of tired bemusement at the things I do to myself, but the voice is there. It knows what to do, but I don't do it.

How is it that I find it easy to do some things that others find hard, and I find it so hard to do some things that others find so easy?
Facebook Twitter Submit "Going to the Gym" to Digg Submit "Going to the Gym" to del.icio.us Submit "Going to the Gym" to StumbleUpon Submit "Going to the Gym" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4056 Comments 2 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old
    I have no idea but I am doing the same exact thing. I can make it to the gym almost daily but can't manage to remember to pay the drug company for my damn Zoloft script I got weeks ago. It's frustrating.
  2. Old
    To me it seems amazing that you are so disciplined when it comes to exercise. I would love to be that disclined about anything, especially exercise. Give yourself credit for what you are doing!

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks