ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > houts
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Rate this Entry

The Placebo Effect

Posted 08-27-08 at 04:03 PM by houts
I had a revelation yesterday that was short lived until I plugged my idea into Google.

It appears, not that I was surprised, it was not an original, noble concept.

Yet, it is how you come into your own self reflection that spurs the brain into unfamiliar territory. To tread upon newly founded grounds.

So, what is the great thought?

Every time I have to deal with some religious nut, or a self-imposing evangelist of falsehood, the same questions arises:

"Why does it matter if someone believes in a God if it makes them more moral, live life fruitfully, and are happier?"

It is the same rubbish question every time that is posed in a subject manner.

And, my brain clicked yesterday at the best answer: The Placebo Effect.

Yes, I know, I am not alone in this area. I don't know how I haven't read up on this approach of rationale. This is a better way of explaining the delusion so many hold for their belief in a supernatural being. A pure mix of science (reason) and rationale.

Let's be honest, we all have some prescription of placebo that we ingest every day. May it be for providing a better outlook in life, a hopeful day, or something to please our materialistic needs. We take this imaginary pill as a way to deal with the overwhelming pressures, and questions, of life. And, that is fine to a point. As long as it doesn't intrude upon others, it is completely harmless. It is when politicians to teachers to children regard it as truth is when we need to raise the red flag.

http://houtsvideo.blogspot.com
Facebook Twitter Submit "The Placebo Effect" to Digg Submit "The Placebo Effect" to del.icio.us Submit "The Placebo Effect" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Placebo Effect" to Google
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1729 Comments 0 Email Blog Entry
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments

Total Trackbacks 0

Trackbacks