ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

My journey

Posted 09-10-08 at 11:32 AM by Lady Lark
Updated 09-10-08 at 02:04 PM by Lady Lark
So, I'm feeling a little lazy, and I figured if I just posted the whole thing I wouldn't have to keep retyping it. So here's my journey with Steven.

Early on we realized that our kiddo is smart. He had every child lock on the market mastered, climbed out his bedroom window once, could count to 0 and knew his alphabet by 2. So basically if you didn't want him to know how to do something, don't let him see how it's done.

Not to mention he was doing everything early....
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

My kiddo, the budding genius

Posted 09-03-08 at 09:03 PM by Lady Lark
Updated 09-03-08 at 09:14 PM by Lady Lark
So I am slowly starting to realize the scope of my son's brain. It's kinda scary.

It's one thing to know he's smart. It's one thing to know he's gifted, or even the smartest gifted they have. It's another matter all together to realize just how much "smart" fails to describe him.

I wonder if this is the feeling Einstein's parents had when they realized they had an Einstein. Os Steven Hawking's parents when they realized just how far he would go.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The most hated phrase...

Posted 06-16-08 at 04:53 PM by Lady Lark
"You know, other people have it worse then you do."
(or some such variant of that)

It's awful. I can't think of anything I'd rather hear less. I'd rather be pregnant again, with my belly (apparently) public property for all to touch and rub as they feel fit, while getting offended if I ask them to keep their grubby mitts of my body.

Don't get me wrong, for all my ranting and complaining I'm happy. I know I have a good life, and I know how very luck...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

AC issues (RANT)

Posted 05-29-08 at 04:01 PM by Lady Lark
So, last year we bough a brand new home, and this past April the AC unit broke. Just past our one year move in warranty (of course). This left us with a $650 repair bill, since it was leaking coolant, and that junk is expensive!

So, I contact Lennox. i very calmly explain the situation, how this unit is barely a year old, how this tubbing was not spaced properly, and therefore spent the last year rubbing against the drier filter wearing it out until it finally failed, leaking out...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I give you...

Posted 04-11-08 at 11:11 AM by Lady Lark
The future nerds of America.

So, after going to the gifted class, all I can say is wow!/huh?

The really unexpected thing was they had this whole presentation ready for us. Each kid had something different to talk about. things they have done, or will be doing, how things work in the classroom, that kind of stuff. Really unexpected.

And they were near bursting with excitement. It was so funny and cute.

The best part was, after it was...
Posted in Uncategorized