ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs > meadd823
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD/ADHD research professional commentary / latest research -
Old

Addiction + self destruction = load of dung

Posted 04-12-08 at 04:20 AM by meadd823
Updated 04-12-08 at 04:56 AM by meadd823 (smelling spelling)
Addictions have been blamed on all sorts of things beginning with crap for morals, then spiritual brokenness, From spiritual causes we moved on to psychological factors - poor parenting, learned behaviors, repressed sexual feeling of what ever sick-o crap Freudians can think up.

Lately addictions have been linked to genetics and predispositions mixed with environmental triggers - and lastly the possibility of self medicating - which is at least getting in the ball park.
Super Meowaderator
Old

One more Time - Don't Tell Me how to be ADHD

Posted 03-03-08 at 05:07 AM by meadd823
A long battle - one it was assumed I would loose.

No I do not hold grudges I just happen to have an excellent long term memory. That lack of internal dialog was talking?

It was during many of these discussion where I actually met my brain. . . I am learning I have valid thoughts, my brain does work , while learning to stand up for these thoughts at the same time ~The ADD way~ =)

In other words, Barkley is saying that INHIBITION IS THE FOUNDATION...
Super Meowaderator