ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

The Hardest part of TNR – Is the “R”

Posted 01-28-10 at 01:48 AM by meadd823
Updated 01-28-10 at 03:22 AM by meadd823

TNR = Trap Neuter Release – a program where feral cats are trapped in humane live traps, taken to a vet or clinic set up for handling feral cats. The cats are sedated given a medical exam by a veterinarian , vaccinated for rabies then surgically sterilized so they will no longer make kittens – The cats are then returned to the person who...
Super Meowaderator
Old

Dealing with Nuerotypicals – Time in a Bottle verse Time in the Bathroom

Posted 01-06-10 at 05:43 AM by meadd823
TIME - is one of the many difference I have observed between myself and the neurotypicals {Nters} in my life. To them time is absolute , five minutes feels pretty much the same to them all the time. They know what day of the week it is and are able to automatically know the date as well. They not only know what today is they know how today relation to other “special days” of the year such as birthdays and holidays. Glancing at a calendar helps them plan but their world is linear and constant....
Super Meowaderator
Old

Just say “NO” to the Clause

Posted 12-18-09 at 05:04 AM by meadd823
The clause that says the only way to make family happy is to buy them stuff

I have a mother who has so much stuff she doesn’t know what to do with it all. Gary and I decided not to buy this loving woman one more single solitary thing which would only serve to add to the already mounting clutter she has been so desperately trying to go though and get rid of but I love my mom and didn’t want her to think I didn’t love her any more.

Gary is hard to buy for because...
Super Meowaderator
Old

Shadow Walker . . . .I am

Posted 11-01-09 at 06:11 AM by meadd823
Updated 11-01-09 at 06:14 AM by meadd823 (catagory and language)

Walking between the day and the night , During the evening cool while the day is young. There is no time, there is no distance, there is no place I would rather be.

I have been but now I become that which is to be me. Not bound by servitude to the past nor do I worry over what is yet to be . In this moment is all I have which is enough for me.

Super Meowaderator
Old

Remember to Not Forget = Happiness

Posted 06-06-09 at 03:35 AM by meadd823
These are a few keys to not being unhappy the rest of my life . . ..

*Anxiety about the future - I decided to not waste my time on earth worrying about the time I have not

*Just as I decided to not waste what I have worrying about what I have not.

~WTF ???~
Potential - definition
possible, as opposed to actual:
***Means no one can ever reach it because once it is reached it ceases being a potential and becomes reality.
Super Meowaderator