ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

A place to collect my thoughts on things relating to life and ADHD.
Old

Perception.

Posted 02-10-08 at 10:49 PM by nikkiana (Getting Through)
One of the things that has often frustrated me about my job and the fact that I work at home is the fact that my perceptions of what my day is like vs. what others perceive my day to be like often don't match.... at all.

I have a group of friends who seriously believe I'm a workaholic because I'm always online. This is further from the truth than possibly imaginable.... I may be online all the time, but I'm struggling to make the amount of hours I'm supposed to. There is no convincing...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

More Schedule Musings....

Posted 02-10-08 at 08:48 PM by nikkiana (Getting Through)
In response...

From okok:
Quote:
Like I said in the forums, when you have a "flexible" (read: broken up) work schedule, you need a more flexible medication schedule, too. IR may work better for you if your doctor will prescribe it... a dose in the afternoon when you feel you're done goofing off, and maybe a large one at 9 or 10 when you get the real work done.
I think it's possible that might be a better option for me.... though, I think the source of most of...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Sleep... and the Schedule You're Supposed to Do it On.

Posted 02-07-08 at 03:28 PM by nikkiana (Getting Through)
One of the things that came up several times when I was discussing going on medication with my psychologist and my doctor was the fact that stimulants can mess up your sleep schedule. Make sure to take it in the morning, so it's not keeping you up at night.

I nodded dumbly along, and wondered if it was something that was going to affect me... and felt frusterated because words like Morning, Noon, Afternoon, Evening, and Night don't mean the same thing for me than they do for the rest...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

How This Began

Posted 02-06-08 at 07:02 PM by nikkiana (Getting Through)
I was diagnosed with ADHD inattentive type in the beginning of January (2008), shortly before my 24th birthday.

Frustrated with the way my life was going, and how difficult it was to manage home life and work, when I was a work at home person, tired of dealing with being unpredictable and anxious, I decided to see a psychologist in November of 2007.

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Social Anxiety Disorder first, she had an inclination that I may be...
ADDvanced Member
Posted in Adhd , Anxiety , Medication