ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Running

Posted 08-27-08 at 04:12 PM by houts
I've started to run, again. It is a bit exciting to start pounding on the trail. And honestly I've missed doing so. I used to be a great track/cross country runner. In my 'younger' years. Before the accident and several other mishaps along the way. Then I hit the wall and could not continue anymore. The fire was extinguished before I even knew it. Running was a way of life, but it was all-or-nothing. Either I did it because I loved it or I moved on.

Now, I have figured out that is...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Sleep, Concert, & Smoking- Oh My!

Posted 08-27-08 at 04:09 PM by houts
Please forgive the disorganized writing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've increased my routine of cigar-beer recently. Well, moreso the cigars than the beers. But those finely tuned cylinders entice my dancing eyes like a child on Christmas day. A met someone who actually sells cigars through a local business and got a special discount. Now I have options from Romeos to Montes.
Unfortunately my wife has been...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Wear Sunscreen

Posted 08-27-08 at 04:08 PM by houts
Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young

Mary Schmich

June 1, 1997
Inside every adult lurks a graduation speaker dying to get out, some world-weary pundit eager to pontificate on life to young people who’d rather be Rollerblading. Most of us, alas, will never be invited to sow our words of wisdom among an audience of caps and gowns, but there’s no reason we can’t entertain ourselves by composing a Guide to Life for Graduates.I encourage...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Placebo Effect

Posted 08-27-08 at 04:03 PM by houts
I had a revelation yesterday that was short lived until I plugged my idea into Google.

It appears, not that I was surprised, it was not an original, noble concept.

Yet, it is how you come into your own self reflection that spurs the brain into unfamiliar territory. To tread upon newly founded grounds.

So, what is the great thought?

Every time I have to deal with some religious nut, or a self-imposing evangelist of falsehood, the same questions...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I rather be awake than dreaming

Posted 08-27-08 at 04:01 PM by houts
“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.”

Dreaming, regardless good ones or not, are always a nightmare. I rarely remember anything I dream. Mostly because my sleep pattern is wavering and never a deep one. And typically when I awake, my brain is ready to go and firing. Unless I am very tired and can not jump out of bed right away. This is when my brain becomes more active during sleep....
Posted in Uncategorized