ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Here be Dragons - View this befor buying something online

Posted 02-04-09 at 12:01 PM by chowmix
This movie is a must-see for people who want to make intelligent decisions.

http://herebedragonsmovie.com/

In fact, this is important for anyone considering alternate treatment.
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Reality vs belief

Posted 01-04-09 at 08:09 PM by chowmix
ScienceDaily (Sep. 5, 2008) In a case-control study, the presence of measles virus RNA was no more likely in children with autism and GI disturbances than in children with only GI disturbances. Furthermore, GI symptom and autism onset were unrelated to MMR vaccine timing.

ScienceDaily (Oct. 4, 2008) The first national survey of attitudes toward autism reveals that a small but significant percentage of people still believe the disease is caused by childhood vaccines. The survey...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The price of 'supplements.' Are they really cheaper?

Posted 01-03-09 at 09:45 PM by chowmix
Supplements may seem the cheaper way out; I calculated that over a 30 year period, 'self help' cost me at LEAST $36,000 as well as unknown quality of life issues.

Here's my story.

I have very mixed feelings on use of supplements. They seem like a good idea on the surface and as an ex-hippie, I prefer an all-natural way. Cotton clothing, unscented products, recycling, composting, solar panels, Prius, locally-grown food, minimal consumption, socialized medicine, etc, etc....
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

White Men Attach Greater Stigma To Mental Health Care

Posted 01-01-09 at 06:58 PM by chowmix
This is probably why I put off treatment for 30 years and attempted to self treat with massive amounts of coffee and supplements.

ScienceDaily (Sep. 10, 2008) The findings suggest that non-Latino white males, compared to all women and men of other ethnicities, were most likely to mistrust the mental health care system and were also likely to perceive mental illness as a stigma and therefore avoid formal mental health care. Regardless of race and gender, those respondents with low...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

'Ayurvedic' Medicines May Contain Lead, Mercury or Arsenic

Posted 12-31-08 at 11:45 PM by chowmix
'Ayurvedic' Medicines May Contain Lead, Mercury or Arsenic

Over a fifth of products purchased on Internet tainted with toxic metals, study finds

TUESDAY, Aug. 26 (HealthDay News) -- About one in five ayurvedic medicine products purchased on the Internet contain significant levels of lead, mercury or arsenic, a new study finds.
The researchers found that products manufactured in the United States were even more likely to contain the metals than those made in India,...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized