ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Part 1

Posted 11-24-09 at 01:56 AM by ginniebean
I've had my reasons for finally seeking treatment for my ADHD and close to the top of the list was to learn to accept my self as I am. To end the recrimination from self, to be able to reject it from others and to finally feel comfortable in my own skin. Basically to finally feel 'good enough'. I can't speak for anyone else tho I know my experience is shared at least by some, of feeling alien, of not belonging and of isolation. These things can be difficult to live with, but as I've grown older...
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Ffs

Posted 11-23-09 at 05:06 AM by ginniebean
Updated 11-23-09 at 07:38 AM by ginniebean
The common denominator of all the events in my life is me.

I'm boggled.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

In the Arena

Posted 11-14-09 at 03:26 PM by ginniebean
The experience of the majority does not invalidate the experience of the individual.

~~~~~~~~~
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Another learning experience....

Posted 11-04-09 at 05:22 AM by ginniebean
supposedly an opportunity for growth... no.. it's just a small event in the sea of mistakes...

If it was a mine field.. I could understand it.. but it's more like a field of rakes.. WHAM -- oh ooops...WHAM similar, not exactly the same but a neighbour mistake I wasn't prepared for.

I'll pass on another 'learning experience'

There isn't enough learning in the world that could cover the amazing variation on mistakes that are possible to make
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Enough already.

Posted 08-05-09 at 05:45 PM by ginniebean
I spent over six hours talking on the phone with my mother last night. She was having an adverse reaction to a medication.

8 months ago, my mom while speaking with her doctor about me, mentioned that I have quite severe adhd, and so does my son. Her doctor being aware of her history to a certain degree of various psychiatric care pretty much as long as I've been alive. He realised at that point that for all these years she might just have been misdiagnosed and started her on ADHD...
Posted in Uncategorized