ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

The mess

Posted 12-23-08 at 06:37 PM by ginniebean
I am not a complete ******* mess. I've worked so hard to overcome the social anxiety and to appear normal. I work and can keep a job, I was a single mom after being a housewife for years and years and despite the terror I had of failing I didn't fail my children, I worked, and I worked hard. I kept things together, well, at least financially.

After so many years of ADHD being my dirty secret I'm on these forums where it's a place I could actually be myself. And yet, I'm afraid...
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The Beginning

Posted 12-02-08 at 09:02 PM by ginniebean
It's been two weeks now since I've been looking in to adhd. I've always had it, and known since I was a child, but now is really the first time I bothered to look into it. My curiosity happened after I went to the Dr. to discuss meds, I've resisted them until now thinking I can fix my problems myself. Finally I just realised that no, I can't, or if I do it will be far too late for me to enjoy my life.

I don't think the meds are working, at least not how they are supposed to, and not...
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized