ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

No Gnus is Good Gnus

Posted 10-15-11 at 12:52 AM by Cacho
Well, I haven't felt like writing here in a while, and this is good, since I usually only feel like writing here when I'm in a foul mood. I thought I'd try writing something while things were going well.

I finally got a job a few months ago, I got married, and my wife is pregnant. To be honest, it's all a little over whelming, but it's good.

I've been trying quite hard at work, and it's one of the first times someone - my wife - has remarked how hard I work. This is quite...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Going to the Gym

Posted 04-26-11 at 08:29 AM by Cacho
So, I've been going to the gym for three months now. Every Mon, Tue, Thu, and Fri I get up at 4am, leave for the gym at five and lift weights for an hour and a half. I push myself, so there are days when I feel like it'd be easier to sleep in, or do less weights, or just hop on an elliptical and watch TV, but I don't, I always go and lift as much weight as I can.

So, why is it that sometimes I can't pick up the phone to call someone, or I can't pick up a pen to fill out a form,...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

April 28, 2010

Posted 04-28-10 at 01:37 PM by Cacho
A Sprinkling of Doom and Gloom

Some days I feel like everything is so far away. It seems like I can't even get the simplest things done, and even when I write everything down, I just don't know what to do next. I feel like I'm constantly making the wrong decisions.

I realize a lot of this is perception. When a few things go my way, I feel like I'm on top of the world, and I don't understand why I ever doubted myself. This is when I quit jobs and think I'll start my...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

April 19, 2010

Posted 04-19-10 at 05:36 PM by Cacho
Now:
Well, after spending several week getting the amount of time I waste during a day down to less than 1 hour, my time waste has crept back up.

I just got done making a few phone calls I've been dreading (no reason, I just hate calling strangers on the phone), and I realized I spent 4+ hours thinking about making the phone calls and not making them and not doing anything else useful instead.

This is probably mostly because I stopped tracking what I spend my...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

April 15, 2010

Posted 04-15-10 at 01:47 PM by Cacho
Now:
It's tax day today, and all my taxes are done, and I even got my refunds back already. So that's a good thing. Taxes are usually something I do on about the 14th, so it's a good thing that I managed to get them done this year in March.

I also managed to get something done on my to do list that I've been dreading. I called a gardener to get a quote for some landscaping.

That felt good.

To do:
I've been keeping my to do list alive since...
Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized