ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Changes: Here's where I am right now...

Posted 10-01-10 at 05:58 PM by TXMockingbird
Summary:
Jan-July 20: Effexor XR (brand name, not generic) (been taking since 2002) and Vyvanse XR (since January): worked wonderfully!

July 20- Sept. 16: Effexor XR GENERIC form and Vyvanse XR: still helpful but not nearly as good as before.

Sept. 16- Sept. 23: Effexor XR GENERIC form and Adderall: feels like i'm on a sedative. sleepy.

At this point, I did some reading and found that when the generic form of Effexor came out, people who reported online...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Forgot to mention... !!!

Posted 09-12-10 at 07:39 PM by TXMockingbird
I forgot to enter my post about having seen Dr. S. on 8/26 (two weeks ago) about the Vyvanse not being as helpful as it once was. I told her that I have wondered if maybe I developed a tolerance for it-- it's only working at about 1/3 strength. It's very discouraging because I'm finding myself NOT on top of things like I was the first few months. I'm forgetting to do things, forgetting what I've already done and what needs to be done, even tho' I write it down... not as social, needing a lot more...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Began new med today

Posted 09-12-10 at 06:33 PM by TXMockingbird
After 8 months taking Vyvanse and it seeming to lose the effect it once had, I started generic Adderall today-- 30 mg in the morning, and then 30 mg five hours later. The company making the generic i'm taking is CorePharma. I was too late for the morning dose, so I took it at 2 pm and won't take a second dose later.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Diagnosis and Treatment: A Pilgrim's Progress

Posted 08-25-10 at 02:33 AM by TXMockingbird
Well, the title isn't original, and this is an entirely different type of pilgrimage than John Bunyan wrote about, but it IS a pilgrimage.

I received the "ADHD, primarily inattentive-type" diagnosis in January of this year and began treatment a week later. My life hasn't been the same since! There are still problems related to my ADHD, but the medication has definitely given me a good start! For the first five months, I felt so positive and so much better that I thought...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Wow! Didn't know I had a blog!

Posted 08-25-10 at 01:38 AM by TXMockingbird
Gee, my own ADHD blog! I have an online journal at livejournal.com, a gardening blog at mygardenguides.com, a Facebook page, and now this! My life is complete!
Posted in Uncategorized