ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

Why?

Posted 05-09-10 at 02:07 PM by eqdancer
Why am I the way I am? I don't like it. It's no fun.

Wide awake at 5:30 this morning. Felt like it was going to be an awake and productive day. So far, it has not been so.

I'm at a loss for words.
Jr Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

So Tired

Posted 05-07-10 at 08:27 AM by eqdancer
Why am I so tired? I really don't understand it. Yes, I had a crazy insane weekend last weekend (in 36 hours I got about 9 hours of sleep and drove about 1500 miles to get my horse in VT and bring him back here) but since then I've had at least three full nights of sleep. And yet I am exhausted. I've taken my Concerta and I'm drinking a Red Bull. And I could still crawl back into bed and pass out. There is something wrong with me. My body is screwed up.

On a good note, though, my...
Jr Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Lessons Learned.. or not.

Posted 04-27-10 at 10:38 PM by eqdancer
Last week I just about had a mental breakdown because of extreme exhaustion combined with homework issues leading to some of the worst anxiety I have ever had. And you would think that this episode would have taught me something, but no, I don't think I've learned a single thing from it. I'm still tired all the time and I still have a ridiculous amount of things to get done in a ridiculously short period of time. No lessons learned here.

And my excuses? Because, of course, there are...
Jr Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Focus Focus Focus

Posted 04-27-10 at 10:30 PM by eqdancer
FRIDAY, APRIL 23, 2010

Focus Focus Focus

Question of the day... Why is it possible, I'll even go so far as to say it is EASY, for me to focus for eight hours straight at work, but I can NOT focus for more than an hour tops on homework???

No matter where I am or what's going on around me I cannot focus if I am supposed to be working on homework. I get distracted by ANYTHING... the cats, the TV, food, coloring, work that's not homework, making lists, researching...
Jr Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Hypnosis

Posted 04-22-10 at 05:37 AM by eqdancer
Have you ever been hypnotized? Well, after today, ok so technically yesterday I guess, I have been hypnotized. But I don't think it really worked. My therapist, who just so happens to be a psychotherapist and also a hypnotherapist, decided to try hypnosis with me and to teach me self-hypnosis so that I could learn how to channel my ADD energy productively!

And I wish it worked with just one session because I could really use some ADD energy channeling right now... I am supposed to...
Jr Member
Posted in Uncategorized