ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

tribute to my mother

Posted 07-26-13 at 04:42 AM by zannie
After 3 - 4 years of severe dementia my mother died on July 21 2013. She was an exceptional person. Kind, loving, caring, and warm. She was not without faults but who is?

My brother said she didn't have a mean bone in her body and that is so true. She would get angry but never do I remember her doing anything delibrately to hurt another. I also never heard her use sarcasim.

She had a strong faith which got her through raising five children and many other things....
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

disorganization sucks!

Posted 09-06-12 at 07:17 AM by zannie
Feeling the chaos take over. Overwhelming. My bedroom is scaring me!
I have asked for help today my bf is coming over. I thank him and the universe.
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Scan clear!!!

Posted 05-23-12 at 05:47 AM by zannie
So I took the radio active iodine pill and although the first couple of days weren't great it was much better than I had anticipated. Thanks to my daughter getting me to sign up for a free trial for next flix I was not bored during the 5 day isolation period.

But the best thing is that the scan at the end of the treatment was clear!!
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I am slowly moving towards health?

Posted 04-10-12 at 01:57 AM by zannie
I am slowly moving towards the end of this tedious and somtimes anxiety ridden journey to health.

Tommorrow I start the low iodine diet so that when I take the radioactive iodine pill it will have the greatest chance of getting into those cells and destroying any lingering thyroid cancer that may have spread elsewhere as I no longer have a thyroid gland. So, Yeah, I want any traces of cancer to be gone but it begs the question * what else is destroyed *.

I...
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Procrastination is just a way to get stuff done

Posted 02-21-12 at 10:53 AM by zannie
Procrastination is just a way to get stuff done.

I put x off then suddenly realize that some looming deadline or other highly unpleasant thing is getting my attention. It speaks through the comfortable layers of denial disturbing my cozy - i don't need to deal with that right now - cloud.

Then peals of thunder and blinding flashes of lightning jolt me into reality - adrenalin pumping, thoughts racing and panic fills me.

Then, I am sufficiently awake to...
Posted in Uncategorized