ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

ADHD Quick facts (and some opinion)

Posted 06-25-12 at 04:32 AM by CrushCrush
Updated 06-27-12 at 08:38 PM by APSJ (Guidelines)
-ADHD is a childhood developmental disorder meaning that a parts of the child's brain is slower to develop than the rest.

-30-50% of people will show symptoms into adulthood. Thus, the majority will see their symptoms disappear as they get into their adult years.

-ADHD effects a child's academic performance because the child can not focus and concentrate. This is why children are given meds in school.

-There is a 5% chance that children with ADHD will finish...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Doing a lot better since getting meds

Posted 06-20-12 at 04:47 AM by CrushCrush
Hi!

The fact I haven't logged in for 5 months now shows that I've gotten better, but I still feel I'm under dosed at this point.

What I've learned most about ADHD treatment is this: there is huge misdiagnosis or over diagnosis of people who don't really have it. That is just my opinion. If you don't really have it, you will Not notice huge life changing changes after taking meds. If you don't really have it, it might not do much for you.

I find most Doctors...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Adult ADHD - 1 in 4 are FAKING IT!

Posted 09-18-11 at 01:55 AM by CrushCrush

Adult ADHD numbers may be misleading, after a study found that almost one in four adults seeking treatment may be exaggerating — or even faking — their symptoms, reports msnbc.com.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/healt...ake-it-2482150
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Unsolicited Diagnosis Leading to OVER diagnosis?

Posted 09-17-11 at 04:41 PM by CrushCrush
It's not a secret that people buy tabloids or what tabloid TV because they thrive on the misfortunes of others. The same thing can be said about people on forums. Not just this one.

When a forum member, expresses grief of a struggle, like flies to poo, you will have a gathering of forum members.. a 'group' or 'sorority' to bask in the enjoyment of someone else's suffering of failures. It makes them feel so much better about themselves. It empowers them.

Here are some...
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Adult ADHD Without Impairment?

Posted 09-16-11 at 12:14 PM by CrushCrush
Here's a video I made with my non-ADHD brother. He's been studying ADHD also. He's known me my whole life and spent most of our life living together so he knows me really well. Here we discuss people who have ADHD, but to him is it logical to say you have ADHD without impairments?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0jvolrlt1A&hd=1
ADDvanced Contributor
Posted in Uncategorized