ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > Blogs
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old

My new blog home

Posted 08-31-09 at 02:22 PM by Ian
I've moved my blog from Livejournal to Blogspot this year. For those that wish to follow and contribute, here's the link:
http://clickspring.blogspot.com/

I'm enjoying some of the writing in peoples blogs here. Keep up the good work.
Cheers!
Ian
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

You know it has been cold when...

Posted 12-18-08 at 11:42 AM by Ian
It was a beautiful fall here and we love to talk and think about weather, so here I am doing so with others that might not be as enthused.

In the winter of 1994/95 the ground was frozen solid on the October 15. I think that was the year we saw -50C which was new to me. Cars don't work so well then and they make noises I can't even begin describe.

This year we were still in the arms of fall at the end of November and then, like a steel door slamming shut, the cold...
Ian
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Big boa gets a big meal

Posted 09-12-08 at 01:45 AM by Ian
One of the layer chicken cocks got donated as a snake meal tonight.

This is 640 grams of chicken going down the hatch of a snake that still unsettles me with it's size and willingness to behave without regard for my well being.

It's a terrible shot, but to pull the door away would have likely resulted in him regurgitating the effort so I left him be. I'm just happy he's got a good sized...
Ian
Posted in journal
Old

The Great White North

Posted 02-13-08 at 02:15 PM by Ian
This was a tremendously cold run. I was surprised how much this six mile jaunt took out of me. I think the temperature was -30C and the wind chill made it feel like -43C which is maybe a bit much to venture out like this, but you only live once right? And besides, I really want to make a dent in my half marathon time and that date is coming whether I train or not.

I'm supposed to race a 5km this weekend. That should hurt.

This is what stupid looks like.
Ian
Posted in journal
Old

Film night with Vergès

Posted 02-07-08 at 12:44 PM by Ian
Updated 02-07-08 at 12:49 PM by Ian (typo and catagory)
Went into the city with a friend for film night to see Terror's Advocate. We hadn't been all winter and we both like independent film a lot. The film last night dove tailed into a Noam Chomsky book I was given as a gift recently called What We Say Goes very well. It was a story of Jacques Vergès. The film mostly consisted of interviews with him and those that knew him. It was an outstanding look at a history I had little acquaintance with. I did not even know the name Vergès and my mind was...
Ian
Posted in journal