ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General ADD Talk (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190612)

mildadhd 03-03-18 04:45 AM

What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Why do you frequent ADDForums?

Does everyone who frequents ADDForums have some type of “agenda” for being here at ADDForums?

Is “agenda” the right word to use in this context?

I do not always have the same interests/preferences as other members.

Do you think members who do not always agree with the majority have some type of hidden agenda or do some people simply have a different opinion based on personal experiences/preferences?

Who does not have some type of agenda/reason for frequenting ADDForums?








M

OyVeyKitty 03-03-18 06:12 AM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Typically when people say someone has an agenda for doing something, they refer to that person having a hidden agenda. That is, that the person has a plan to do something (usually negative) without others having knowledge of their intentions. An example would be registering and participating only in order to gather information about members to use against people with ADHD, without telling anyone that it's your plan.

In that sense I don't have an agenda, so you can add me to your list of people without an agenda. Then again, isn't that exactly what a person with an agenda would say? :p My actual reasons vary from simple boredom and procrastination to being curious about something to wanting to help people. I visit pretty much at least once a day, but I don't post that often because I don't feel I have much to add in most cases or don't feel like my input would be of much value.

psychopathetic 03-03-18 06:15 AM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
I'm here for various personal and nefarious reasons. :giggle:

I just wanted an excuse to use the word nefarious. :yes:

daveddd 03-03-18 07:04 AM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
When I say I don’t have an agenda in a forum it’s because I feel like someone s response hinted that I did

Like there was something between the lines of my post. Or I’m trying to manipulate a conversation into a certain direction

I’m not sure why I feel that way but it seems I get responses to my posts that aren’t related to what I said. Like I was implying something I wasn’t. And someone inferred something that wasn’t there

Maybe it relates to communication difficulties in adhd

midnightstar 03-03-18 07:06 AM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
I'm here to get and recieve support, idk if this is an "agenda" - I thought agenda meant something negative?

Unless me being here is a negative thing for everyone? idk

sarahsweets 03-03-18 07:48 AM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
I love giving and getting support. Someone with an agenda would be like if a topic was always being discussed in many ways across multiple threads in hopes of somehow swaying a large group of people to think like they do. Someone with an agenda hopes to stir the pot, create discord or argue for arguments sake about the same subject. I dont think I do that.

mildadhd 03-03-18 09:17 AM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightstar (Post 1987345)
I'm here to get and recieve support, idk if this is an "agenda" - I thought agenda meant something negative?

Unless me being here is a negative thing for everyone? idk

I do know, I certainly do not think anyone being here is a negative thing, especially you.




M

mildadhd 03-03-18 09:46 AM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveddd (Post 1987344)
When I say I don’t have an agenda in a forum it’s because I feel like someone s response hinted that I did

Like there was something between the lines of my post. Or I’m trying to manipulate a conversation into a certain direction

I’m not sure why I feel that way but it seems I get responses to my posts that aren’t related to what I said. Like I was implying something I wasn’t. And someone inferred something that wasn’t there

Maybe it relates to communication difficulties in adhd

Interesting, because sometimes I feel we are on the same page, then all of a sudden we are not.

Maybe it has something to do with the multiple factors involved, including personal preferences?

It’s like we meet at the same intersection, then drive off in different directions?




M

mildadhd 03-03-18 10:04 AM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahsweets (Post 1987346)
I love giving and getting support. Someone with an agenda would be like if a topic was always being discussed in many ways across multiple threads in hopes of somehow swaying a large group of people to think like they do. Someone with an agenda hopes to stir the pot, create discord or argue for arguments sake about the same subject. I dont think I do that.

I think most of us do that to a certain degree, but I wonder if it is mostlly due to diversity of personal experiences and personal preferences.

What is right for some people, might not be right for all people, kind(s) of thing(s)?






M

sarahsweets 03-03-18 10:59 AM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mildadhd (Post 1987359)
I think most of us do that to a certain degree, but I wonder if it is mostlly due to diversity of personal experiences and personal preferences.

What is right for some people, might not be right for all people, kind(s) of thing(s)?






M

I dont know if its diversity or not. Personal preferences? Maybe. Or maybe just to reiterate a point thats been made already?

daveddd 03-03-18 01:19 PM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mildadhd (Post 1987358)
Interesting, because sometimes I feel we are on the same page, then all of a sudden we are not.

Maybe it has something to do with the multiple factors involved, including personal preferences?

It’s like we meet at the same intersection, then drive off in different directions?




M

I do think you have some interesting info. I just cannot be sure of something that can’t yet be proven. So I like to see different sides

mildadhd 03-03-18 01:38 PM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daveddd (Post 1987372)
I do think you have some interesting info. I just cannot be sure of something that can’t yet be proven. So I like to see different sides

I agree.

The same goes for yours and everyone else’s opinions.

Question.

If I hypothetically disagree with your interpretation of a scientific article you posted, in the science section, based on information in the article, would you find that invalidating or a difference of opinion?






M

sarahsweets 03-03-18 02:50 PM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
I dont see anything wrong disagreeing, but presenting your ( not you, I mean a collective you) points as absolutes is what I find difficult to understand.


Quote:

Originally Posted by mildadhd (Post 1987373)
I agree.

The same goes for yours and everyone else’s opinions.

Question.

If I hypothetically disagree with your interpretation of a scientific article you posted, in the science section, based on information in the article, would you find that invalidating or a difference of opinion?





M


mildadhd 03-03-18 03:16 PM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahsweets (Post 1987379)
I dont see anything wrong disagreeing, but presenting your ( not you, I mean a collective you) points as absolutes is what I find difficult to understand.

Thanks

I think if we looked, we could find examples of many of us making same mistake.

That being said, in the future I will try harder to use more appropriate terminology when I reply in general.





M

daveddd 03-03-18 03:26 PM

Re: What is your “agenda/reason” for frequenting ADDForums?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mildadhd (Post 1987373)
I agree.

The same goes for yours and everyone else’s opinions.

Question.

If I hypothetically disagree with your interpretation of a scientific article you posted, in the science section, based on information in the article, would you find that invalidating or a difference of opinion?






M

i wouldnt be surprised if i misinterpreted a large amount of articles


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums