ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   The Dutch guy... (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104784)

gerwin 06-22-11 08:02 AM

The Dutch guy...

Hi there!
My name Is Gerwin, 32 year young man from The Netherlands.
I have been diagnosed with ADHD and am taking medication to get myself a little "under control"

my history:

After beeing married for 5 years i reached the boiling point with my former partner. Both of us didn't know what was going on at the time, but i was on a constant search for impulses. I tried everything including a different job, different house, cars and even lifestyle.
Later we got a divorce and at that time my life just flew out of control.
In the last year alone i had 6 jobs....

My current girlfriend is supersweet, but i am guessing this ADHD will become an issue again in our relationship as it is giving some minor problems already(or still?).

Why did i sign up here, you might ask... well i'd rather speak/ type English than Dutch and in The Netherlands i find the fora a little depressing.
I hope to find some answers for my girlfriend so her life around me will become more fun.

I hope to learn and maybe enlighten others on this forum.
G.

Abi 06-22-11 11:28 AM

Re: The Dutch guy...

HI and Welcome.

There's quite a few Dutchmen around here including the moderator of body and mind.

All the best with your treatment.

sighduck 06-22-11 11:52 AM

welcome to the forums :)

gerwin 06-22-11 11:59 AM

:) Thank you

sarek 06-22-11 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abi2010 (Post 1117334)

There's quite a few Dutchmen around here including the moderator of body and mind.

And that would be me.

Welcome to the forums. This is a wonderful place to be and I hope you'll get all the answers you have been looking for here with us.

BR549 06-22-11 03:32 PM

Welcome!

johnny_walker 06-22-11 04:50 PM

Hello and welkom

Ik Johnny Walker

Hoe U bent?

goed? Er is niet warm het Netherlands ke (the e should have an accent?)?

Johnny has to write in dutch. Cause i will have a massive challenge in the near future. So U might want to write/talk in english, unfortunately i have to write read and talk in dutch.

sighduck 06-22-11 04:54 PM

ek kan afrikaans net praat, dis amper soos holandés, maar ek kan holandés verstaan en lees as ek probeer

ek welkom u vir die tweede tyd :)

sarek 06-22-11 04:55 PM

Quote:

Hello and welkom

Ik Johnny Walker

Hoe U bent?

goed? Her is niet warm het Netherlands?
Yes, goes to show google translate is your friend in need. lol.

johnny_walker 06-22-11 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarek (Post 1117612)
Yes, goes to show google translate is your friend in need. lol.

Actually, i learned that in my head. But thanks anyway.

Tot ziens

sighduck 06-22-11 04:59 PM

and afrikaans is a south african language which is an of shoot from dutch, many similarities, but still quite different

sarek 06-22-11 05:01 PM

Yes, we have lifts, you have hijsbakkies. But dont ask me anything else. I can read Zuidafrikaans but not write or speak it.

sighduck 06-22-11 05:04 PM

lol, nie zuidafrikaans nie, net afrikaans

gerwin 06-23-11 03:25 AM

Haha, makes me remember i had to teach all the dutch profanities to my High School classmates when i was an exchange student in the USA.

Thank you all ;)

sighduck 06-23-11 04:21 AM

yes.... its always the first part of a language that people want to learn