ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General ADD Talk (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My secret plan to become a multibillionaire in 10 years (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183449)

redmaverick 02-16-17 10:27 PM

My secret plan to become a multibillionaire in 10 years

1. Create a perfect external structure aka scaffold aka personal assistance for ADHD
2. Sell the service for $300 per month per customer.
3. There are 8 million people with ADHD
4. Get just 100,000 people out of 8 million as your customers.
5. 100,000 * 300 * 12 = $360 million dollars per year.
6. In 10 years that will be $3 billion, six hundred million dollars.

Greyhound1 02-16-17 11:45 PM

Re: My secret plan to become a multibillionaire in 10 years

Are you considering the cost of the goods, overhead, advertising, employees and the list of expenses goes on?

dvdnvwls 02-17-17 01:00 AM

All the rich ADHDers will flock to your door.

But what if all three of them forget to show up? :lol:

acdc01 02-17-17 05:46 PM

Adhd coaches make about $100/hr where I live. You could always start your multi-billion dollar enterprise (lol) with that. Course you'd have to attract customers and get licensed.

Fraser_0762 02-17-17 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redmaverick (Post 1930938)
1. Create a perfect external structure aka scaffold aka personal assistance for ADHD

That plan is terrible and vague..... but what am I saying, it's closer to a life plan than i've ever had! :doh:

Traveler5 02-17-17 08:30 PM

$300 a month?! That's a bit pricey. What about $9.95? Now you may get some business. :D

Little Missy 02-17-17 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveler5 (Post 1931119)
$300 a month?! That's a bit pricey. What about $9.95? Now you may get some business. :D

no, wait, for only $19.95!

WheresMyMind 02-17-17 11:22 PM

I think it has merit!!!
I'm assuming you're talking mostly about software - so the development effort will be clumsy and choatic, but you won't need manufacturing and support staff.

Only flaw is that anything aimed at a broad class of folks usually captures, at most, 0.01% of them, so you'll have about 800 customers.

dvdnvwls 02-18-17 12:44 AM

Selling a computer service for $300 per month? It better clear the table, wash the dishes, calculate and file my taxes, and drive me to work. :D

Cyllya 02-18-17 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redmaverick (Post 1930938)

Step 1 sounds like the hard part, but if you manage that, the rest should be smooth sailing.

Most people who can spare $300 per month probably won't need your service, so you may need to offer some special introductory rate to new customers, e.g. first year is only $50/month, then once they get it together they can afford $300 per month for continued service.

namazu 02-18-17 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc01 (Post 1931098)
Adhd coaches make about $100/hr where I live. You could always start your multi-billion dollar enterprise (lol) with that. Course you'd have to attract customers and get licensed.

There is no formal licensure for ADHD coaches in most jurisdictions, only voluntary "certification". Pretty much anyone can hang up a shingle and call themselves a "life coach" (or "ADHD coach").

I'd pay $300 for a service that provided "perfect external structure". It would pay for itself in reduced need for therapy sessions, improved employment, being able to find stuff and paperwork (and avoiding duplicate purchases, lost receipts that prevent returns, etc.)...

So, what would this service look like and how would it be provided?

acdc01 02-18-17 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by namazu (Post 1931149)
There is no formal licensure for ADHD coaches in most jurisdictions, only voluntary "certification". Pretty much anyone can hang up a shingle and call themselves a "life coach" (or "ADHD coach

Boy that's crazy, kind of sad actually as quality must vary substantially.

For o job though $100/hr and no need to pay for formal training - pretty damn good. Have to rent an office space though unless you do the telephone counseling that I've seen or in-house which seems a bit dangerous to me. Also a website but that's cheap. I wonder about insurance as you'd think they could get sued.

I'd actually pay $300/month too if it solved all my problems, including my social ones which are the ones that matter most to me. Probably wouldn't pay that much if it only solved my work problems anymore.

dvdnvwls 02-18-17 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyllya (Post 1931146)
Most people who can spare $300 per month probably won't need your service, ...

Now that I'm no longer joking, this is one of the main obstacles I can see. I take it further than you do, though - I think the only people who will want the service will be the ones who can't pay. I think all the people with an extra $300 per month will find something better to do with the money.

acdc01 02-18-17 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdnvwls (Post 1931198)
Now that I'm no longer joking, this is one of the main obstacles I can see. I take it further than you do, though - I think the only people who will want the service will be the ones who can't pay. I think all the people with an extra $300 per month will find something better to do with the money.

I think if something was truly the perfect solution, people would pay for it. I would though I realize I'm not the norm and I would only do it if it solved my social weaknesses too.

Thing is everyone's adhd is so different I can't see a one size fits all answer -not one that doesn't require a lot of customization that would end up costing more than $300/month

sarahsweets 02-18-17 03:04 PM

I have the same plan except mine involves Truffula trees and Thneeds.