ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site News, Information & Events (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Can't start thread and getting error message! (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168915)

finallyfound10 01-21-15 06:44 PM

Can't start thread and getting error message!

Trying to start new thread in Career/Jobs Impact and getting this error message:

Quote:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 17 bytes) in /home/addforum/public_html/forums/includes/functions_search.php on line 197
I PM'd the mod but haven't heard back. Are the post sizes being limited now? Here is the post. Is it too large?

Quote:

As you know, I am now a Registered Nurse and have a new job on a busy medical surgical unit. I'm having time management issues big time. From what I read 99% of new RN's do. However, when I was a CNA at another hospital on another busy unit I had the same issues- for all 3 years. :o

This is what I was so worried about with this type of nursing and unit. It's a bad match for me. I know it is. I knew it was. I took the first job offered to me to get the almighty "med-surg" experience so I can so something using my teaching background and nursing in slower paced job. I come early and leave late just to get the basics done. I'm not even being a good nurse many times. Not the kind that I want to be anyway.

On the mental/emotional toll it's taking is rearing it's ugly head: Feeling like everyone knows (and cares) that I'm almost always behind, I don't want too many people from the next shift to see that I'm still there charting so I try to slip out without making eye contact with anyone and feeling great shame and inadequacy. Starting to make excuses as to why I'm still there, feeling jealous at seeing nurses newer than me who are still on orientation, have it more together. I'm feeling down and depressed and anxious- on top of my real dysthymia and anxiety but with this kind of unrealistic steely resolve that I'm going to make this work and I'm going to do well at this which makes it worse in some ways as I and others know that I'm really trying which devastates me and confuses them.

This is a viscous cycle that I've been through many times before. I get like this in that I dwell, think, plan to make it work, change meds or dosages but it's the same thing, I finally get to the place where I say "uncle" and I'm still left unstable and unsettled.

It's hard dealing with the same negative things about yourself over and over again.
Thanks!!!!

peripatetic 01-21-15 07:00 PM

Re: Can't start thread and getting error message!

hey there,

we're aware of the problem, but can't fix it until david fixes it for us.

post sizes aren't being limited...it appears that this is related to why so many members are locked out. those of us still on are ones who never log out.

at any rate, i'll post your thread for you :) xx

can i get a title? or i'll make one up...

if others have this problem and post their threads here, staff can help out.

thanks!

finallyfound10 01-21-15 07:13 PM

Thank you Peri!! :thankyou:

Title: New job in new field but same issues!

peripatetic 01-21-15 07:17 PM

****! i made up a title: http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168916

EDIT: it let me adjust it, so you're all set :)

sbcy 02-14-15 05:12 AM

I experienced the same issue just now...when will this be fixed?

midnightstar 02-14-15 07:37 AM

I've been experiencing it since yesterday, been practically swearing at it last night because it was saying it was fatal or something idk

LisaTee 02-16-15 12:57 PM

So how would I be successful at posting a thread, keeping it a certain amount of letters?

LisaTee 02-16-15 12:59 PM

I read this thread again, apparently it is not related to that.

David 03-10-15 01:18 PM

This issue should be resolved now. Very sorry for the inconvenience!