ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Parenting Issues (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Appropriate Vitamins for 6 years old (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185048)

JessicaC306 04-20-17 02:48 AM

Appropriate Vitamins for 6 years old

Hello everyone, what vitamins would you recommend to my six year old boy. I want my child to be jolly in school as well as here in our house. I lately observed that he is always dizzy and it seems very tired when ever he got's home from school. I always ask him if her teacher gives a lot of activities in school but he says, It's not that many. As a parent, I want him to be active all the time.

sarahsweets 04-20-17 02:58 AM

Re: Appropriate Vitamins for 6 years old

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaC306 (Post 1943516)
Hello everyone, what vitamins would you recommend to my six year old boy. I want my child to be jolly in school as well as here in our house. I lately observed that he is always dizzy and it seems very tired when ever he got's home from school. I always ask him if her teacher gives a lot of activities in school but he says, It's not that many. As a parent, I want him to be active all the time.

Does he have adhd or take medication?

JessicaC306 04-20-17 03:03 AM

No, he doesn't have any medications.

JessicaC306 04-20-17 03:08 AM

No, he doesn't have any medications.

sarahsweets 04-20-17 04:12 AM

Well I would consult your doctor but generally as long as the child eats healthy and well a multivitamin will do.
Are you trying to treat adhd or something>

Caco3girl 04-20-17 03:23 PM

I just gave mine a gummy multi vitamin for kids, and DRINK WATER. You would be amazed how many kids are walking around dehydrated.

JessicaC306 05-02-17 04:10 AM

Thank you

dvdnvwls 05-02-17 04:17 AM

Vitamins can't help with ADHD, but taking the listed children's doses of the kind of children's vitamins sold in ordinary stores won't harm him.

Never give your child any vitamin besides a plain drugstore multivitamin unless a conventional doctor has told you that you have to. Vitamins in inappropriate doses can be harmful, and it isn't OK to give them just in case - except for that standard multi.

Fuzzy12 05-02-17 04:41 AM

Lots of water or unsweetened herbal tea like peppermint. Any multivitamin that is specifically for children. Omega 3 might also help. Apart from supplements (check if your multivitamin contains omega 3 so you don't give more than the recommended dose). Also oily fish and flax seeds are good sources of omega 3.

Apart from that even children can't be active all the time. Maybe school is just too tiring and he needs a bit of rest. How does he sleep at night?

If you think.he's abnormally tired go to your gp. Else allow him to rest and relax for a while after school

Fuzzy12 05-02-17 04:43 AM

Just read your post again. If he's feeling dizzy then definitely take him to the gp to rule out any medical causes.