ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hi I'm *~žEEK~* and here's my story! (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34283)

creads 12-15-06 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *~ žEEK ~*

I'm just curious, don't they now days call "Junior High School", "Middle School" almost ever where throughout the U.S.??

Um, I think middle school refers to grades 6-8 and junior high refers to 7-9. Usually, as I understand it, when you went to junior high school you followed it with senior high school.
Though I think people generally use both for either nowadays.

Neat story and thanks for sharing. Did they figure LD explained the hyperactivity?

*~ žEEK ~* 12-15-06 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creads
Did they figure LD explained the hyperactivity?

I'm not really sure what they thought back then simply because I was to young and I can no longer remember much about it. However, I was extremely hyperactive long before I was diagnosed with dyslexia, which is why they put on a stimulant for a short period of time before a teacher talked my mother out of giving it to me.

My mother says she now regrets taking me off the stimulant. However hindsight is always 20/20, so therefore I always try to remind her that she did the best job she could with the information available to her at the time, and I also regularly tell her that she did a wonderful job in raising me. Which is true!!! :)

Thanks for reading my story! :)

Skully 12-16-06 02:18 PM

Glad you shared your story seek!!! I promise I will finish reading it by NEXT Christmas!

*~ žEEK ~* 12-16-06 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msam76
Glad you shared your story seek!!! I promise I will finish reading it by NEXT Christmas!

LOL :D I won't hold my breath! :)

Crazy~Feet 12-16-06 05:14 PM

Mr Seek! Do you have, like, the longest and longest running welcome thread in the history of ADDForums or what? :p

And do you have 4 on the floor? :cool:

*~ žEEK ~* 12-19-06 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy~Feet
Mr Seek! Do you have, like, the longest and longest running welcome thread in the history of ADDForums or what? :p

And do you have 4 on the floor? :cool:

I'm a 2 on the floor kind of guy! :D

And yes mine is probably one of the longer ones. :)

Explaining 43 years of your life when it's been a rocking road for most of it is rather difficult to explain in just a paragraph or two. Trying to keep it short and include everything and still keep it interesting is nearly impossible. At least it was for me!

Crazy~Feet 12-19-06 03:22 AM

Hey you got cajones for a dyslexic dude...I have never posted my story, ever, and I don't have an LD. Unless you count my hatred of higher mathematics :D.

2 on the floor? You must have a seat on the Sofa! :p