ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Learning Disabilities (LD) (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   learning disabilities are a reality (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73870)

excel 04-11-11 12:41 PM

Re: learning disabilities are a reality

Brain damage caused my lerning learing disabilties, and the older I get the wosre they get.

Werl 04-25-11 01:08 AM

Learning disabilities, like ADD/ADHD, is just a reason for lazy kids to get extra time on tests and not get in trouble when they goof off. Ooh, if I had my way I would expose all these fakers for what they are, lazy *** jokers with no future.

If anybody is insulted, don't take is seriously. I AM making fun of the people who think like this.

excel 05-08-11 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werl (Post 1071879)
Learning disabilities, like ADD/ADHD, is just a reason for lazy kids to get extra time on tests and not get in trouble when they goof off. Ooh, if I had my way I would expose all these fakers for what they are, lazy *** jokers with no future.

If anybody is insulted, don't take is seriously. I AM making fun of the people who think like this.

Learning disabilties are very real and nothing to make fun of

Werl 05-08-11 11:03 PM

I wasn't making fun of people who have learning disabilities but people who believe that learning disabilities are not real.

excel 06-01-11 12:29 PM

Yes they are real!!!!

sarahsweets 06-01-11 04:16 PM

He was joking. He said that in his first post. He repeated it in his second post.

excel 12-11-11 01:16 PM

We get discrimanted against all the time

excel 01-09-17 11:36 PM

Do we ever reach our full potential knowing we have problems with learning? I often ask myself this question.

ginniebean 01-10-17 04:46 AM

i'm not sure anyone reaches their full potential. a lot of life is luck my friend.

i wonder if people who have no diaabilities and just live average lives torment themselves as much as we do over not reaching our potential.

I'm sorry you're experiencing such angst my friend. You have an open invitation to write me when you're down.

BellaVita 01-10-17 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel (Post 1862551)
Do we ever reach our full potential knowing we have problems with learning? I often ask myself this question.

How do we know what full potential really is?

That phrase somewhat confuses me.

midnightstar 01-10-17 03:29 PM

Personally, I wish learning disabilities didn't exist but sadly they do.

excel 01-12-17 09:43 AM

If we were all the same, life would be boring.

Letching Gray 04-01-17 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BellaVita (Post 1862609)
How do we know what full potential really is?

That phrase somewhat confuses me.

I know.
I guess, it is something like, when we have done all we can, with all we are, including devices like glasses, medication, tools, implements, which enable and empower our innate abilities to reach their maximum capacity. ?

dormammau2008 04-03-17 10:10 PM

:goodpost:I don't think I have a disability I think all non people have one....iam me and some like me some don't I donrt lose any sleep over it anymore I did at age 5 but by age 6 it never botherd me like that ....people options there actions that's totally different thing ,,,I do mind on that...level:thankyou:

excel 10-06-18 09:48 PM

They get tougher with age