ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Adderall (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194434)

Steve1111 02-05-19 03:39 PM

Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
Anyways, the pharmacy recently had to backorder Adderall, and the person at the pharmacy was saying that she thought that it was "something with the manufacturer" and this would be the case at other pharmacies as well. However, she said that I could "try to" get the doctor to phone in my prescription elsewhere. I was wondering if anyone else has been dealing with this.

The specific medication is Adderall XR 10mg generic. Is it likely that the medication is out of stock at other pharmacies as well? Because other times that this has happened, switching pharmacies did work. Also, if I did simply wait for the backorder how long would it be likely to take?

Royce1013 02-07-19 03:55 PM

Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
Where are you located? I have been waiting three days in DC for 20mg IR. I came here looking to see if this was a local or national problem.

sarahsweets 02-08-19 01:52 PM

Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
So far I havent had any issues with the 20mg xr.

anjigirl 02-08-19 05:24 PM

Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve1111 (Post 2014450)
Anyways, the pharmacy recently had to backorder Adderall, and the person at the pharmacy was saying that she thought that it was "something with the manufacturer" and this would be the case at other pharmacies as well. However, she said that I could "try to" get the doctor to phone in my prescription elsewhere. I was wondering if anyone else has been dealing with this.

The specific medication is Adderall XR 10mg generic. Is it likely that the medication is out of stock at other pharmacies as well? Because other times that this has happened, switching pharmacies did work. Also, if I did simply wait for the backorder how long would it be likely to take?

It depends on the Generic mfg they order from. I currently have this problem with Generic 20mg IR in the TEVA brand. Everyone around who carries the TEVA is on backorder. I know the Aurobindo brand that CVS carries gives me chest pressure and heart palpitations but the TEVA does not. I am going to give Northstar (prev SunPharm) a try this month but hopefully they will have my regular ones back in stock next month.

daveddd 02-10-19 11:53 AM

Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
cvs has been out of there brand 3 months in row

giant eagle has had a different one in stock

finallyfound10 02-10-19 12:40 PM

Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
The FDA websight has information on drug shortages.


https://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety...es/default.htm

LeighWolf 02-10-19 03:21 PM

Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by anjigirl (Post 2014607)
It depends on the Generic mfg they order from. I currently have this problem with Generic 20mg IR in the TEVA brand. Everyone around who carries the TEVA is on backorder. I know the Aurobindo brand that CVS carries gives me chest pressure and heart palpitations but the TEVA does not. I am going to give Northstar (prev SunPharm) a try this month but hopefully they will have my regular ones back in stock next month.

Right, and apparently contracts pharmacies have with manufacturers have been problematic too. If a company increased the price and the pharmacy can't stock without losing money, they have to find another manufacturer or just stop supplying the med. Infuriating.

Theo_43 02-11-19 05:19 AM

Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
I've taken Teva brand IR 20 mg. for 20 years. My current pharmacy told me they are backordered from the manufacturer, with a potential fill date of mid march. Another pharmacy told me the same, and said in the past (presumably with other drugs) they would wait until mid march and expect their order, only to find it had now switched to mid-may. Translation: Don't hold your breath.

Background: CVS carried Teva brand for decades. Then a year or so ago, they stopped. I was screwed for a while, as I have been unable to find another generic that works. I switched to Walmart which carried it, and at that time told me they were amazed that there was a huge recent spike in brand demand- probably all the former CVS customers. The generic core Pharma (now called Epic) and Mylan brands are completely worthless for me- like taking nothing.

I'm trying Sandoz for the first time. (Might be a long month!)

BlackWarrior 02-15-19 09:11 PM

Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo_43 (Post 2014714)
I've taken Teva brand IR 20 mg. for 20 years. My current pharmacy told me they are backordered from the manufacturer, with a potential fill date of mid march. Another pharmacy told me the same, and said in the past (presumably with other drugs) they would wait until mid march and expect their order, only to find it had now switched to mid-may. Translation: Don't hold your breath.

Background: CVS carried Teva brand for decades. Then a year or so ago, they stopped. I was screwed for a while, as I have been unable to find another generic that works. I switched to Walmart which carried it, and at that time told me they were amazed that there was a huge recent spike in brand demand- probably all the former CVS customers. The generic core Pharma (now called Epic) and Mylan brands are completely worthless for me- like taking nothing.

I'm trying Sandoz for the first time. (Might be a long month!)

Where did you find these other generics? I filled my prescription a few days ago with Teva 20s from Walgreens with no problem.

Kewell35 02-15-19 11:42 PM

Re: Pharmacy Had To Backorder Adderall
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Theo_43 (Post 2014714)
I've taken Teva brand IR 20 mg. for 20 years. My current pharmacy told me they are backordered from the manufacturer, with a potential fill date of mid march. Another pharmacy told me the same, and said in the past (presumably with other drugs) they would wait until mid march and expect their order, only to find it had now switched to mid-may. Translation: Don't hold your breath.

Background: CVS carried Teva brand for decades. Then a year or so ago, they stopped. I was screwed for a while, as I have been unable to find another generic that works. I switched to Walmart which carried it, and at that time told me they were amazed that there was a huge recent spike in brand demand- probably all the former CVS customers. The generic core Pharma (now called Epic) and Mylan brands are completely worthless for me- like taking nothing.

I'm trying Sandoz for the first time. (Might be a long month!)

How is the Sandoz working out for you?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums