ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Recipes (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=112)
-   -   Easy for ADHD Recipes (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192350)

willow129 07-11-18 07:04 PM

Easy for ADHD Recipes

This is another thread Iíve been wanting to post for a while...

Do you all have easy healthy recipes to share that you like? Personally - I especially need good dinner recipes.

I also really struggle with the Adderall appetite suppression, it sucks, do you have any foods or tricks that help you get through that?

:)

Lunacie 07-11-18 07:53 PM

Re: Easy for ADHD Recipes

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow129 (Post 1999843)

Do you all have easy healthy recipes to share that you like? Personally - I especially need good dinner recipes.

I also really struggle with the Adderall appetite suppression, it sucks, do you have any foods or tricks that help you get through that?

I joined a crockpot group on facebook and have been doing a lot more crocking.
It's so much easier than trying to cook 4 different things at one time. I always
burned at least one of them. Heck, I made grilled cheese for lunch today and
nearly burned one of them.

LyrinMeow 07-12-18 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow129 (Post 1999843)

I did what someone here suggested doing when I first started. Drinking meal replacement shakes. I've been on Adderall for about 3 months now and my appetite has (kinda) returned. But in an emergency a shake will do in a pinch.

Unfortunately all of my recipes I've used lately are keto recently so I don't have any good ones for you.

acdc01 07-12-18 09:58 PM

If you get a crockpot which I'm a big fan of too, I suggest an instapot instead. It can be a crockpot plus a whole bunch of other things in one.

There are premade stuffed salmon, crab cakes, etc at the meat sections of groceries - not that expensive. I toss it right into the toaster oven on a piece of aluminum foil. I sometimes put a wafer thin slice of pear above and below the stuffed seafood but that's an option. Can also add frozen, microwaveable vegetables too as a side.

If you eat rice and have a rice cooker, you can steam something inside the cooker at the same time you cook the rice (I think instapot may be able to do this too if you don't have a rice cooker though I'm not sure if the rice would taste as good). I used to put tofu topped with shredded green onion in the rice cooker and then after it was done, just add sesame oil and soy sauce. Good to go.

I have a triple deck steamer that I steam a meat in one deck, vegetables in another, and then a dinner for another night in the third. Steamed food isn't for everyone though so I recommend you steam in a pot you already have first to see if you like the steamed food. lots of steam cooking recipes online.

You might consider cooking in batches and freezing dinners so you don't need to cook every day. I did this when I was working and it helped a lot. There are some dishes that work well for me frozen (quiches, curries, soups, stews) and others that don't taste the same after freezing so look up what freezes well and what doesn't if you do this.

tudorose 07-13-18 07:57 AM

Chicken wings. Just put salt and pepper and bake in the oven until crispy.

TygerSan 08-03-18 04:23 PM

My favorite instant pot recipe is one jar of sauce, one 16 oz package of pasta, some frozen veggies. Sautť the veggies till they’re mostly defrosted, add one jar sauce, pack of pasta, one jar water (make sure the pasta is mostly submerged). Cook for just over half the amount of time it says to on the pasta, on high. Let stand for 5 min or so. Release pressure. One pot pasta meal.