ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Anxiety Disorders, OCD & PTSD (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=108)
-   -   My Restless Days of Being an OCD Person (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190766)

lila25 03-14-18 12:01 AM

My Restless Days of Being an OCD Person

People who do not have an idea about my condition would think Iím insane. I find it hard to ignore any thoughts that come to my mind. For example, even when Iím in the middle of completing a certain task but when the thought of washing the dishes strikes me, I immediately leave my current task to take care of the dishes. Thinking about any other unfinished tasks at home seems to make me restless. This is why at the end of the day I often find myself not finishing my major task for the day because I just couldnít ignore those other tasks that I havenít taken care of. Every day, I always worry about not being able to finish other house chores. So, I think about everything, like every task that needs to be done at home. But, at the end of the day I always feel frustrated that I havenít been able to complete all tasks in a dayís work. All those tasks that havenít been done will be in my thoughts making me have difficulty falling asleep. So, I find myself getting up in the middle of the night, working on some unfinished house chores only to find out the following day there are another new set of tasks that need to be done again. In turn, my worries and restlessness about tasks left undone would continue to bother my mind. I cannot concentrate on doing a single task because I keep worrying that I might forget doing a particular task. Not to mention the fact that I had to wash the dishes five times. I also need to wipe each plate five times to make sure itís spic and span once I put it back on the dish rack. -- These are just few of the many things that bother me on a day to day basis. My mind is restless. I couldnít sit still for an hour. Because I need to keep working! Iíve got too many tasks that need to be done and I couldnít bear the thought of having them ignored. This is me. This is my life as an OCD.

sarahsweets 03-14-18 06:15 AM

Re: My Restless Days of Being an OCD Person

Are you being treated for your OCD?

rachelangelo 03-16-18 09:19 PM

Re: My Restless Days of Being an OCD Person

I totally feel you. I dealt with severe OCD for many years. Mine didn't manifest in quite the same way. I had fears of sickness. I would wash my hands, disinfect everything around me, etc. all day long. I, finally, sought treatment. I started seeing a counselor as well as got on some medication. It really changed my world. It didn't get fixed over night, but I was really able to find some relief and freedom. Perhaps it would work for you, as well.