ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   Tired all the time (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93606)

excel 12-03-10 01:49 PM

Tired all the time

Is anyone else tired all the time and can't seem to get a handle on it. I have had a lot of blood work done .It's all come back negative. Ialso had a stress test done and cheched for copd and I do have that. I also have sleep apnea and use a cpap machine.

Glimpse Inside 12-05-10 08:03 PM

Re: Tired all the time

I think tiredness is very common for anxiety, depression, ADD. I am also tired, and have a very hard time getting out of bed. I think its a combination of bad sleep, lack of motivation, and anxiety all coming into virtous cycle. Difficult to say which causes what.

lynette19775 12-05-10 08:07 PM

Do you have any diagnoses? What meds are you taking?

I felt exactly as you described. And I mean everyday. All the time.

I got diagnosed last week and started Adderall and I have experienced a surge in energy. I don't know if it's due to the meds or the lessening of the depression that I think I was having before getting diagnosed. Or if it's both.

My guess is it's probably both.

Can you give us a little more background info on you, if you don't mind?

Mary 12-05-10 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel (Post 976615)
Is anyone else tired all the time and can't seem to get a handle on it. I have had a lot of blood work done .It's all come back negative. Ialso had a stress test done and cheched for copd and I do have that. I also have sleep apnea and use a cpap machine.

Have they checked your iron levels? Your thyroid levels? Your vitamin D levels, etc?

I'm taking vitamin D with calcium and also taking a prenatal vitamin(even though I'm not pregnant)..and it helps with my fatigue.

Be sure to talk to your doctor about vitamin supplements.

Patients with fibromyalgia have low D levels... which we need in order to have a somewhat normal day.

excel 12-06-10 10:57 AM

Yes, I had all the blood work done. It was ok. I have muscle break down. They want me to go to a rhuemtoidologist for that and fatigue. Iam taking BusSpar, Cynbalta, Clairnex D24, Singulair, abilify, and advair

Mary 12-06-10 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by excel (Post 978301)
Yes, I had all the blood work done. It was ok. I have muscle break down. They want me to go to a rhuemtoidologist for that and fatigue. Iam taking BusSpar, Cynbalta, Clairnex D24, Singulair, abilify, and advair

Have they suggested pool/water therapy to keep help work your muscles?

excel 12-07-10 04:21 PM

no they haven't

excel 12-08-10 03:23 PM

being tired all the time is gettin to me.need energy and i don't want to rely on caffine

ibisibis 12-09-10 12:41 PM

have you other stresses in your life? I was like this and went to so many doctors, everything negative. It was only when my life in general was happier and I had less stress that it miraculously vanished

bof00 12-13-10 06:23 PM

This is the reason I found out about Inattentive ADD, originally from chronic fatigue. Doesn't matter how much sleep I get. I can drink a 5 hour energy and go right to sleep. I can only sleep at night though cause even though I'm physically tired my mind won't go to sleep during the day. I don't have meds yet. They're doing lots of tests with me. Blood work, sleep study, cortisol/adrenals, maybe it's just part of not enough dopamine to convert to norepinephrine that makes me tired.

hollywood 12-14-10 03:28 PM

maybe it's the meds. I had been complaining about stress and I've been on lexapro for 2 weeks and feel aweful. I have zero drive and zero energy. I'd rather be angry all the time than go through this.

excel 12-15-10 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood (Post 982773)
maybe it's the meds. I had been complaining about stress and I've been on lexapro for 2 weeks and feel aweful. I have zero drive and zero energy. I'd rather be angry all the time than go through this.

I wish I knew

Possum 12-15-10 09:48 PM

I suffer from the same problem and lately I have been completely exhausted. Adderall helps a little, but not consistently. I also have depression and anxiety which contribute, I'm sure. Maybe I should see my doctor, but he probably won't find anything. :(

excel 12-17-10 04:00 PM

Adderral tends to mask tiredness

excel 12-31-10 01:37 PM

Anxiety will make you feel tired all day. Working and being tired is not good at all