ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site News, Information & Events (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   "Thank You" Feature installed (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48880)

David 02-10-08 03:24 PM

"Thank You" Feature installed

This is a minor addition to ADDF's forums but I thought it would be nice since so many people go out of their way to help others, share info, etc..

You now have the ability to "Thank" others you feel have helped you or others.

The Thanks button is located at the bottom right side of each post. Click on the "Thanks" icon and each entry will be visible in the thread, post bit, and in the person's profile. The only person you can't thank is yourself.. :p

David

Mary 02-10-08 03:25 PM

Re: "Thank You" Feature installed

Aww thanks, David!!

David 02-10-08 03:26 PM

lol... My first point.. :p

David 02-10-08 03:27 PM

I think we may have to come up with a new term for thanking sprees = Thanks Boosting.. ;)

Mary 02-10-08 03:28 PM

lol.... but so worth it... :D

FrazzleDazzle 02-10-08 06:47 PM

Thanks points to David! Do you get a funny little colored buttong for how many "thanks points?" LOL!

Anyways, really, thank you for all the hard work you all put into having a safe place for us to land. :-)

~Ødd~Scr~θθball 02-10-08 06:50 PM

Reply To: "Thank You" Feature Installed

What a great way to put Big :D:D:D:D:D:D Smiles on someone's face in recognition of some generous contribution help or in response to kind words.

:D :D :D :D :D

~Ødd~Scr~θθball 02-10-08 07:23 PM

Reply To: "Thank You" Feature Installed

Thank You, Mary! :D And Frazzle Dazzle what a cool idea and possible way to rack up Reputation pokes.....?:rolleyes::D:D:D Yeah....Yeah....Yeah!!! :D
Oh David......., would such an animal be possible.....?:rolleyes::D

Andrew 02-10-08 08:05 PM

Thank you's are not connected with reputation points. Two different animals :)

Mary 02-10-08 08:09 PM

Re: Reply To: "Thank You" Feature Installed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Odd~Scrooball (Post 544483)

Thank You, Mary! :D And Frazzle Dazzle what a cool idea and possible way to rack up Reputation pokes.....?:rolleyes::D:D:D Yeah....Yeah....Yeah!!! :D
Oh David......., would such an animal be possible.....?:rolleyes::D

You're most welcome.... and, I am sure I can poke the rep button once in a while, too... ;)

lunaslobo 02-11-08 07:41 AM

very cool dave thank you, even though i had to try it out right away. good idea we are lucky to have you working on this site you keep us up and keep things fresh.

netsavy006 02-12-08 04:08 PM

Thanks for the thanks...

justhope 02-19-08 05:31 PM

Aw Thanks make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside...and then I don't have to type as much and risk getting caught on here at work...:p

Matt S. 02-19-08 05:50 PM

I have been "Thanked" a lot, I just noticed that today too.

theta 02-20-08 02:49 AM

One area of potential abuse would be if people tend to thank each other to spam up their "thank yous". So running a script periodically to essentially remove all excessive matched pairs of "thank yous" would be wise.