ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forums Help, Q&A (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Reputation Points...What does this mean??? (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33649)

Andrew 11-18-06 08:21 PM

"reputation" and minimum points required*:

User is infamous around these parts -999999
User can only hope to improve -50
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past -10
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road 10
User will become famous soon enough 50
User has a spectacular aura about 150
User is a jewel in the rough 250
User is just really nice 350
User is a glorious beacon of light 450
User is a name known to all 550
User is a splendid one to behold 650
User has much to be proud of 1000
User has a brilliant future 1500
User has a reputation beyond repute 2000

*Note: Any parties involved in abusing the reputation system will have any or all reputation points taken away from them. This decision will be final and binding.

JustNeedHelp 11-19-06 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew
We currently have that feature turned off. If we were to turn the comment feature on, only the recipient of the reputation points (and comment) would be able to see them (they appear in the control panel).

ooooo i found a boo-boo.... :cool:*and im not telling*:cool:... *poker face*

ooh ok ill tell, you can STILL view what people wrote about you (and on what post it was) simply click your own reputation button on a post in a thread and it will say your rating on this thread is zero or nutral one of those, then if you get a + rating it says somewhat good etc etc look...

JustNeedHelp 11-19-06 06:19 PM

can i also ask if you can get rep points by starting new threads/making new posts? kinda like yahoo answers,

make a topic = -1 point
post in a topic = +1
have a random drawing of the top 50 posters for 100 rep points
have a random first reply give-a-way (make a thread the first person to reply gets 200 rep points)
or you could sell em (make some money for the board 1$=10 lol)
or trade them... no no that wouldnt work

how many points do you get per positive rep anyway? and any other way of getting some?

Paws13 11-19-06 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustNeedHelp
ooooo i found a boo-boo.... :cool:*and im not telling*:cool:... *poker face*

ooh ok ill tell, you can STILL view what people wrote about you (and on what post it was) simply click your own reputation button on a post in a thread and it will say your rating on this thread is zero or nutral one of those, then if you get a + rating it says somewhat good etc etc look...

Aww but how do we know which thread they commented on?

Ah well...

A huntin' we will go. To find the thread we will go... La la la la la la...

EYEFORGOT 11-19-06 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustNeedHelp
can i also ask if you can get rep points by starting new threads/making new posts? kinda like yahoo answers,

make a topic = -1 point
post in a topic = +1
have a random drawing of the top 50 posters for 100 rep points
have a random first reply give-a-way (make a thread the first person to reply gets 200 rep points)
or you could sell em (make some money for the board 1$=10 lol)
or trade them... no no that wouldnt work

how many points do you get per positive rep anyway? and any other way of getting some?

It's more of a "member appreciation", a very scaled down version of the awards system. The Awards showcase is nomintions by members or staff for consistant contributions of a member in certain areas. The points are simply a way for members to give feedback and acknowledgement for a particular point, post or comment.

JustNeedHelp 11-19-06 10:19 PM

well i like it its fun!

Quote:

Originally Posted by EYEFORGOT
It's more of a "member appreciation", a very scaled down version of the awards system. The Awards showcase is nomintions by members or staff for consistant contributions of a member in certain areas. The points are simply a way for members to give feedback and acknowledgement for a particular point, post or comment.

EYEFORGOT 11-19-06 11:07 PM

lol

yes, and I tagged your reputation for the fun of it

Color Scheming 11-20-06 05:52 AM

Is there a way for us to see our own reputation besides the little green boxes and the actual points. Like for example what the user that gave you reputation said when they gave you the rep. For example "great post i enjoyed it" type of thing?

EYEFORGOT 11-20-06 05:33 PM

The comments are turned off at this time.
I noticed that if you try to give yourself reputation, clicking on the scale icon in one of your own posts, you will be told the number of points you have total.

Color Scheming 11-20-06 06:10 PM

Oh okay, that sucks :( they just should just turn off negative comments. Every person loves a good compliment on a post now and then lol

JustNeedHelp 11-20-06 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color Scheming
Oh okay, that sucks :( they just should just turn off negative comments. Every person loves a good compliment on a post now and then lol

good point this was suppose to be fun and how can it be fun when you get negative feedback

Tara 11-20-06 06:26 PM

Be really careful giving out negative reps. I was on one forum that changed the formula and actually took points away from people who gave negative rep points. I was upset because the people I gave them too deserved them too...

Grade A 11-20-06 08:38 PM

If I gave reputation to someone how many points did I give them?

Andrew 11-21-06 08:09 PM

One point.

Grade A 11-25-06 12:24 AM

Wow I am doing pretty good ...thanks Andrew