ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General ADD Talk (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Brain Hypermetropia (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196112)

PI-ADHD 29 01-02-21 06:11 AM

Brain Hypermetropia

As you know in hypermetropia distant objects are seen clearly but near objects appear blurred. I think in a different way from others. Most times i can't think simply but think too deeply. I can't notice things (i mean intangible things like ideas, not physical things) that could be imagined easily. And i notice things people never think about.
I have a good ability of empathizing. I behave by taking into account very next move not the next move mostly. I assume people of course can consider the next move, so i pass to next of the next move. But they can't understand what i think and what's my intention. That makes me disappointed and also people misunderstand me frequently. They sometimes think me as if i'm stupid or what's worse is that they consider me as ill-intentione.
Is that familiar to you? Is there anyone like me? Is there a better word or term to describe this?
Sorry for English mistakes, please feel free to warn me.

Greyhound1 01-02-21 01:53 PM

Re: Brain Hypermetropia

Quote:

Originally Posted by PI-ADHD 29 (Post 2027832)
As you know in hypermetropia distant objects are seen clearly but near objects appear blurred. I think in a different way from others. Most times i can't think simply but think too deeply. I can't notice things (i mean intangible things like ideas, not physical things) that could be imagined easily. And i notice things people never think about.
I have a good ability of empathizing. I behave by taking into account very next move not the next move mostly. I assume people of course can consider the next move, so i pass to next of the next move. But they can't understand what i think and what's my intention. That makes me disappointed and also people misunderstand me frequently. They sometimes think me as if i'm stupid or what's worse is that they consider me as ill-intentione.
Is that familiar to you? Is there anyone like me? Is there a better word or term to describe this?
Sorry for English mistakes, please feel free to warn me.

Sounds very familiar to me. I usually call it overthinking, anxiety or mind racing. Sometimes it’s all 3 simultaneously. I’m not sure how it applies to being far sighted (hypermetropia). I’m very nearsighted (myopia).

I’m frequently misunderstood which only exacerbates my mind racing, anxiety and leaves me frustrated which causes more overthinking! It can easily become a self-perpetuating loop.

acdc01 01-03-21 10:46 PM

Re: Brain Hypermetropia

Yep.

A coworker of mine who also has adhd told me she couldn't understand my instructions to her. She told me i would jump ahead to another topic as my mind d had already moved on. I was surprised I didn't realize I did that. When she pointed it out to me, I slowed down my explanation taking breaks between steps and doing the steps with her as an example. When I was physically doing the steps, I couldn't jump ahead.

Another time, i told my sister I'm often skipping words write paragraphs. I told her my mind must think slow or something. She said she thought it was the opposite. That my mind thought too fast for my body/fingers to keep up and so skipped words to compensate. I have no idea if that is true or not but I liked the thought lol. I do jump from thought to thought.

I had a boss that was furious at me for sending out emails that missed words. He would double check every email I sent out for a short time and always got more mad cause him reading over my words just made me nervous and mess up more. I ended up telling this is not working. I'm making more mistakes cause he was making me nervous and that he didn't have the time to double check all my emails. The office assistants double check every official product anyway and o would specifically tell them my weakness so they look for skipped words when they formated the documents. I also said not a single person had ever complained about the casual emails but him. He was a type A personality that never liked me. But he did backoff after that though I'm sure he was still mad and me telling hi. All this didn't help though it helped me.

I did though start back reading every written correspondence I sent out after that.