ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General ADD Talk (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   embodied cognition, horizontal navigations (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195173)

Drogheda98 08-14-19 09:37 PM

embodied cognition, horizontal navigations

me body! everybody.

heh, I've been in a good mood lately and I would like to try to explain body cognition, or EGO body.

well, first off, it's really the difference between what is inside, and outside. embodied cognition allows us to know a lot about our moods, and what works and doesn't work, places we should or shouldn't be etc. it really gives anybody more of a sense of self and I believe, over time, relieves ego distonich approaches towards others.

"the self itself to itself and it's body"

from what I have learned, the brain itself, if left without ego skin, or being comfortable in skin and embodying... ehh, I don't like the notion of roles cause of labels, but stiff like "the student body" or courage. ego body really is, from my pov atleast, first person without actually having to utilize ego so much to others.

the best idea about ego skin is inner narrative, which I'm still getting a handle on, like sometimes I'll wright what should be in my mind but, I'm getting better.

speaking of butts, heh, I get the idea of duty and were such an idea, ehh, fell from lol. probably shouldn't of shared that thought, heh.

"Horizontal navigation"
or Horizontal nature of conversation. is when it dawned on me that my brother sister and I were getting along a lot better. so, ya personal.

Horizontal navigation of field matrixes, imagine that a pitcher is throwing a ball, now think of how your body will react (didn't project, holy crap)

thus horizontal navigation of conversation.

mrzyphl 08-16-19 10:27 PM

Re: embodied cognition, horizontal navigations

It seems your definition of embodied cognition is simply self awareness and horizontal navigation is basically communication. Why not just say that?

Drogheda98 08-19-19 09:05 AM

well, the idea of horizontal navigation actually was a product of getting along a lot better with my brother and sister and figuring out we probably had to compete for affection and realizing it for myself. the competing for affection was the reason why horizontal navigation was so difficult for me to understand.

mildadhd 08-19-19 06:02 PM

Walking barefoot into a big dark empty room, unable to see, I learned...?

vs

Walking barefoot into a big dark empty room, unable to see, the floor was covered in tacks, I learned...?

M?

mrzyphl 08-19-19 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drogheda98 (Post 2020008)
well, the idea of horizontal navigation actually was a product of getting along a lot better with my brother and sister and figuring out we probably had to compete for affection and realizing it for myself. the competing for affection was the reason why horizontal navigation was so difficult for me to understand.

So you had some kind of an epiphany? Why don't you just talk about what led to that. Your OP was just a list of declarations that didn't explain anything.

mildadhd 08-19-19 10:26 PM

BodyBrain is preverbal and can be hard to talk about in words.

Makes it even harder when we try to discuss preverbal functions without any common verbal language.

How our body's are interconnected with our brain's moods is cognitively fascinating.

What biological areas of the BodyBrain are you focusing on when you refer to ego?

M

mildadhd 08-19-19 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drogheda98 (Post 2019937)
me body! everybody.

heh, I've been in a good mood lately and I would like to try to explain body cognition, or EGO body.

well, first off, it's really the difference between what is inside, and outside. embodied cognition allows us to know a lot about our moods, and what works and doesn't work, places we should or shouldn't be etc. it really gives anybody more of a sense of self and I believe, over time, relieves ego distonich approaches towards others.

"the self itself to itself and it's body"

from what I have learned, the brain itself, if left without ego skin, or being comfortable in skin and embodying... ehh, I don't like the notion of roles cause of labels, but stiff like "the student body" or courage. ego body really is, from my pov atleast, first person without actually having to utilize ego so much to others.

the best idea about ego skin is inner narrative, which I'm still getting a handle on, like sometimes I'll wright what should be in my mind but, I'm getting better.

speaking of butts, heh, I get the idea of duty and were such an idea, ehh, fell from lol. probably shouldn't of shared that thought, heh.

"Horizontal navigation"
or Horizontal nature of conversation. is when it dawned on me that my brother sister and I were getting along a lot better. so, ya personal.

Horizontal navigation of field matrixes, imagine that a pitcher is throwing a ball, now think of how your body will react (didn't project, holy crap)

In other words...

I would like to know what these words represent to you.

Examples, what does "embodied cognition" mean to you?

What parts of the body and brain are involved, etc.....?

What does "moods" mean to you?

What does "ego" mean to you?

Etc

M

mildadhd 08-19-19 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drogheda98 (Post 2019937)

"Horizontal navigation"

Pitcher throws ball to me = me body! Affective/Cognitive reaction. (more horizontal?)

Awareness = Cognitive/Affective recreation. (more vertical?)

M

Drogheda98 08-20-19 12:26 AM

these are new thoughts so, it's difficult to flesh out my own personal feelings to others cause, well, nobody lives the same life.

it just, happened. I started to get along better with my brother and sister and the thought of horizontal relationships just, sprang to mind, I looked it up, and blamo, it's a real psychological perspective. the reason it sprang to mind was a cause my father, we, that is, my brother and sister and I, would always compete for affection from him.

the same day I discussed this with the pshychologist, we talked about a deep wound. my father, once took me onto a mountain, there, he wanted to "fix" me. at that point there was a ludicrious doctor who had some, electromagnetic **** that I knew wasn't real. thus, the reason I always wanted to fix or cure myself, or, look up what was wrong with me was a hangover from that day. for like, 10 years, I've been trying to cure myself of something my father perscribed to me.

my mother, and I have a lot of negative memories of her, the best thing she ever said to him about me was "he doesn't need to be fixed, he is perfect just the way he is". not getting into perfectionism right now(the only perfection anybody has is we are human), however, that thought is really a lifeline, for me.

embodiment is, just, who I am, what virtues amongst men I represent in earnest. what I value is experience, because, for me by me, it's experience that counts. and what is important to me is courage, wisdom, intelligence, feelings, chaos and order. embodyment is knowing these virtues about myself , and in a similar way, yourself, and litterly feeling in the body, emotion and cognition. all those things are important to me, thus, I embody those emotions and my self-esteem and self-effacacy takes a hit whenever I don't live up to my own expectations.

embodiment is cognition of the body, feeling the body and not in a pervy way. thus I embody courage, what does that mean to me? well, I drove through 1500 miles in 1 day through new mexico and part of texas to give a public speech and still came in 12 nationally. embodying courage, for me, is going out were other's won't go for no fault of anybodies, and just, living, capturing some moments for others to see. the places I went in utah, like, a 2 thousand people this century(err, hundred years) have probably seen.

however, horizontal relationships just means, I'm not any better than anyone, cause we are all of equal value. what I can do, same for anybody. what you can do, on your own lifepath, and I don't know you, is your's, and I'm hoping you know reflexive ego, not mine. thus what anybody else can do, and what I can do, is of equal value, for the value I provide to the world is equal to anybody elses value they can provide to the world, the world out there, and not personal inwards world

acdc01 08-26-19 05:21 PM

Are embodied cognition and horizontal navigations technical terms used by the medical community? Or are these made up terms you came up with to help explain your own insights?

acdc01 08-26-19 06:23 PM

Never-ending my post above. I missed your other response. It answers my questions.

Sorry you had such a tough childhood.

Drogheda98 08-28-19 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc01 (Post 2020167)
Never-ending my post above. I missed your other response. It answers my questions.

Sorry you had such a tough childhood.

those are some good insites and, putting myself in your shoes, I probably wouldn't beleive this stuff either, especially like, 2 years ago.

last year my therapist and I talked about skin ego, the "student body" a link to skin ego, a lot more can be found online
https://www.encyclopedia.com/psychol...eases/skin-ego

or the envelope of the self. itself. the cool thing about skin ego is it allows access to higher forms of consciousness, and the prefrontal cortex and the cerebellum, err, the "that" such as, that man, that thought, that thing, that memory, that time etc. the best part, it allows access to body emotions I've never felt before. unlike armor, it doesn't reflect (theater of the mind stuff)

the horizontal stuff just srot of came about when my therapist and I, I said do to him in truth that my brother and sister are getting along better and out of nowere, the concept of horizontal relations just, sprang in my mind
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7800669

I really try tto be as accurate as I can

the cool think about the skin ego itself is, like, we got a head, we can get ahead, then abstract notions such as we are headed that way. a lot of abstraction of imnagry of language comes afterwords, in my veiw atleast.

acdc01 08-28-19 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drogheda98 (Post 2020195)
those are some good insites and, putting myself in your shoes, I probably wouldn't beleive this stuff either, especially like, 2 years ago.

Autocorrect messed up my word. I meant nevermind not never-ending.

Drogheda, in all honesty, it isn't about believing your insights.

It's about using made up words is never a good way to explain to people what your thoughts are. I recommend just saying what your thoughts are and not using made up words to give them a name. If you use made up words all the time, one it just confuses people and two, it's likely to make many people mad and or tune you out.

I'm not mad by the way. I just can't read anything you post in this thread cause my adhd makes it hard for me to read anything that feels long winded and just those made up words alone make it feel long winded already.

Just a recommendation. Don't mean to insult or offend you.

Drogheda98 08-29-19 12:40 AM

no offense taken, and I admit, I use uhh, like, ship navigation stuff in my lexicon a lot, heh.

I also try not to make up words, as, not pathological words. there was a websight once about inner subjectivity and to quote the website "inner subjectivity just appears, because what is before the screen the subject is reading this on"

it took a while to figure out, then taken from the same website

"sound image"

sound itself, the analog waves outside of the self, myself and anybody else. sound is always there, outside the self and as such, the sound-waves can be trusted as always being outside the self. an image, sort of like the image on this screen, our ego abstracts reason from those two things to create the notion of a "sound image"

sound as in, sound can always be trust to be there, image as in, the image on the screen, thus, the image, any image, can be trusted to the self.

I've been thinking of my sirname, and it's a, if I lived in ye olden days, I would be a blacksmith. however, sense I'm not, and I'm not a constructionist, I think atleast, words and pictures are my artform... ehh, I'm just trying to figure out my own identity right now"

such as, when I think of a word, lets say courage, I attach a symbol to the word courage, for me that would be a lion, so I imagine in my mind a lion at the same time I say the word courage, and what flashes in my mind when I say lion or courage are one and the same, such as, courage and lion are synonymous of each-other. in the stream of my wording, both while wrighting and while talking, it's the same way for most words that just aren't complete abstractions, and the ability to abstract reason and feeling into words to color them with emotion and my own lexicon that I always try to match with the dictionary so I can be on the same page with everybody else.

if you could, because I'm always looking for self improvment and to make myself more vocal and sure of my wording, what words are, odd for you acdc01

acdc01 08-31-19 06:26 PM

Are you doing ok Drogheda? I kind of wonder if you should show your posts to your psychiatrist or therapist. Might be nothing but when we go in to see them, we usually hide ourselves and I feel like you aren't hiding both with this post and the one about healthy selfishness.

I don't think I want to continue in this discussion in case it's upsetting you.

I read once that excessive ruminations can lead to or exacerbate mental illness. I feel like there is some truth in that though your thoughts aren't the kind that are necessarily negative (but you do seem to ruminate over and over again). I guess I do too on some things being an adhder. But I do wonder if you'd be happier if you cleared your mind of everything you analyze over and over and just lived life enjoying activities that you are doing in the moment.

https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/r...ealth-recovery