ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191475)

Greyhound1 05-03-18 07:22 PM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacie (Post 1993840)
You're certainly not in a good place for tornado chasing. The tornadoes in your
area are usually accompanied by hurricanes. Sorry 'bout that.

We also have tornado’s reported & warnings multiple times during the summer months from the many afternoon thunderstorms. Not even remotely close to the type you have.

They normally are quite small like an F0 or maybe F1 and only touch down usually for only a very short time. No way to chase one.



Much more likely to see a waterspout around here. Hoping you and yours are staying safe!

Lunacie 05-03-18 08:00 PM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 (Post 1993850)
I'm frustrated and offended on your behalf. What's wrong with people. And what a disgusting comment to make. We don't always agree on everything but you are not only one of the least nasty people I know but in a those years I've known you now (evening just online) I have not seen shred of nastiness ever. You also come across as least disturbed and least disturbing.

Grrr.:mad:

Oh, I can be snarky or sarcastic if something hits me wrong. You haven't seen
any of that because the mods are very good at cleaning up around here. :lol:

But even when I'm provoked I'm not nasty. It's just not part of my make up.

And I'm only disturbed when someone makes nasty judgments about me
without getting to know me.

My daughter saw the comments from the guy who thought I should have PM'd
him (a stranger to me) and told me that Mercury must be Retrograde. Yeah,
that's what I said! ;)


Thank you for the kind words about my character. :grouphug:

psychopathetic 05-03-18 09:16 PM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Quote:

******* on facebook, that's what's bothering me now.
Don't worry Lun-Luns. You're not alone!
Bananas on facebook make me mad too! They really burn me up! All walking around like they're kings and queens...leaving their slippery peels all over.
You know? I've slipped 3 times already on facebook from their stupid peels in the past week!
Stupid bananas on facebook. :mad:

And I mean...
At least she got the 'old woman' bit right?
...Not funny?
/sigh lol, sorry :(

I use to be part of a quit smoking forum years ago...and there was a lady I liked to tease about her age (haha who'd of thought!?! :p). I also liked to call her the Moo-Moo lady because she and her husband kept a pet cow lol.
So I left a message calling her old and ended the message by calling her the Moo-Moo lady. Her and I were pretty darn close and had been teasing each other for months.

Anyhow...out of the blue I get a super nasty private message from someone completely ripping me a new one. She couldn't believe how much of an arrogant pig I was, and how dare I make fun of a woman for her age, and how insanely rude I was for calling her fat by referring to her as cow...and on and on! xP

And it really threw me through a loop! I was so upset by the private message! I was angry and hurt and sad and frustrated. I wanted to cry, but I also wanted to write the lady back and just explode on her with anger. All my happy go lucky attitude and mood was knocked right out of me.

Not exactly sure what my point is here haha. I guess I'm just trying to say that I know how much something like this can hurt and knock the wind out of ya.

I ended up sitting with it for a couple of days...while private messaging Moo-Moo's venting to her about it.
Then I replied to the message the angry lady sent me. I apologized to her for offending her, and then explained to her that me and this lady had a long history of teasing each other and how there's no way I'd tease a member about their age if I thought it would hurt them.
I never did hear back from the lady.


...
Anyhow...
I love ya Granny Lun-Luns <3. I'm glad you've got this place to come vent about crap like what happened to you today. A place with people who love you and are supportive and understanding.

(((((((Old Woman Luns)))))))

Fraser_0762 05-04-18 01:33 AM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Isn't anyone angry or concerned about the way Facebook is using and selling all of the information about yourself that you put on there? People have became way too relaxed about things these days. If this had been a thing decades ago, there would have been a huge uproar about it.... have we been dumbed down to levels where we just accept anything now?

psychopathetic 05-04-18 01:40 AM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 (Post 1993871)
Isn't anyone angry or concerned about the way Facebook is using and selling all of the information about yourself that you put on there? People have became way too relaxed about things these days. If this had been a thing decades ago, there would have been a huge uproar about it.... have we been dumbed down to levels where we just accept anything now?

I'm just as you describe. I just don't care. I have almost zero concern...I'm totally relaxed about it.
I just don't see why I personally would make a big deal about it...or even really think about it. I guess technically something bad could come of it...but meh. There's a trillion things in life more likely to have a negative impact on me for me to worry about.
There's lots of battles to fight. This is one I choose not to. I can't fight them all.

Fraser_0762 05-04-18 01:48 AM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychopathetic (Post 1993873)
I'm just as you describe. I just don't care. I have almost zero concern...I'm totally relaxed about it.
I just don't see why I personally would make a big deal about it...or even really think about it. I guess technically something bad could come of it...but meh. There's a trillion things in life more likely to have a negative impact on me for me to worry about.
There's lots of battles to fight. This is one I choose not to. I can't fight them all.


Is that truly the case though? Is it possible that when you're met with each individual battle, your approach is just the same for each one?


I often hear the phrase "there are bigger things to worry about". But when it actually comes to those other concerns, the reaction is just the same.

psychopathetic 05-04-18 02:04 AM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraser_0762 (Post 1993877)
Is that truly the case though? Is it possible that when you're met with each individual battle, your approach is just the same for each one?

Yeah, that's true of me for many things. Sometimes I feel like a robot because I don't seem to react the way I think i should to a lot of situations. Like when bad things happen in the world...I just don't seem to care.
School shooting, or the world trade centers, or wars. I don't know wtf it is, but it's like if it doesn't immediately impact my life in a strong way...I just don't care.

This is one of the (many) reasons I feel I may have a bit of aspergers/high fuctioning autism.

psychopathetic 05-04-18 02:08 AM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
I also think it's because I've lived in such a bubble for most my life too. Where I've been so protected...and have had so many opportunities just handed to me...that I've become jaded to the realities of real life.
It's like...why should I care about anything, when I'm here in my bubble separate from it all. I'm sure you've heard the phrase "ignorance is bliss"...and it's very true.
I've grown up in such a way, where I've been able to live a life in ignorance...and I think that's a shame really. I'm weaker for it.

Lunacie 05-04-18 11:23 AM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychopathetic (Post 1993855)
Don't worry Lun-Luns. You're not alone!
Bananas on facebook make me mad too! They really burn me up! All walking around like they're kings and queens...leaving their slippery peels all over.
You know? I've slipped 3 times already on facebook from their stupid peels in the past week!
Stupid bananas on facebook. :mad:

And I mean...
At least she got the 'old woman' bit right?
...Not funny?
/sigh lol, sorry :(

I use to be part of a quit smoking forum years ago...and there was a lady I liked to tease about her age (haha who'd of thought!?! :p). I also liked to call her the Moo-Moo lady because she and her husband kept a pet cow lol.
So I left a message calling her old and ended the message by calling her the Moo-Moo lady. Her and I were pretty darn close and had been teasing each other for months.

Anyhow...out of the blue I get a super nasty private message from someone completely ripping me a new one. She couldn't believe how much of an arrogant pig I was, and how dare I make fun of a woman for her age, and how insanely rude I was for calling her fat by referring to her as cow...and on and on! xP

And it really threw me through a loop! I was so upset by the private message! I was angry and hurt and sad and frustrated. I wanted to cry, but I also wanted to write the lady back and just explode on her with anger. All my happy go lucky attitude and mood was knocked right out of me.

Not exactly sure what my point is here haha. I guess I'm just trying to say that I know how much something like this can hurt and knock the wind out of ya.

I ended up sitting with it for a couple of days...while private messaging Moo-Moo's venting to her about it.
Then I replied to the message the angry lady sent me. I apologized to her for offending her, and then explained to her that me and this lady had a long history of teasing each other and how there's no way I'd tease a member about their age if I thought it would hurt them.
I never did hear back from the lady.


...
Anyhow...
I love ya Granny Lun-Luns <3. I'm glad you've got this place to come vent about crap like what happened to you today. A place with people who love you and are supportive and understanding.

(((((((Old Woman Luns)))))))

It can make a difference if you have a history with someone, even posting history.

The guy who posted something I thought was snarky and apparently my reply
was also a bit snarky ... my daughter has known him for a few years and has
worked with him at times (local tv show) and when she saw his post she also
thought it was snarky.

But she knows him and could see between the lines what he was really trying
to say. I don't know him. All I saw was snark.

But I didn't castigate him. I was just pointing out another viewpoint that maybe
he hadn't thought about. But gosh how that worm turned. :rolleyes:


I've been on the autism group long enough that others who've been there for
awhile could see that I may have been like a dog with a bone but I wasn't being
mean about it at all.

One said the other woman was a coward for deleting the thread (are they called
threads on FB?) and I said she may have just felt very vulnerable so anyone
who didn't agree enthusiastically felt like an attack to her.

I was hoping that with the thread deleted that she was taking the time to chill
out and think about my comments realistically.

Another poster said she might have "misread" my comments. I don't think so,
I'd say she was hoping this diet would fix all her problems was disappointed to
hear that it might not, and might even cause other problems.

I have been invalidated so often in my own life that I think that may have been
what she was feeling, but I never meant it like that. I just wouldn't deliberately
do that.


By the way psycho-buddy, I'm not "Granny" anything. Granny was the little old
woman on The Beverly Hillbillies. I'm Gramma Luna. :) :D ;) :p :lol: :yes: :grouphug:

Lunacie 05-04-18 11:34 AM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by psychopathetic (Post 1993881)
Yeah, that's true of me for many things. Sometimes I feel like a robot because I don't seem to react the way I think i should to a lot of situations. Like when bad things happen in the world...I just don't seem to care.
School shooting, or the world trade centers, or wars. I don't know wtf it is, but it's like if it doesn't immediately impact my life in a strong way...I just don't care.

This is one of the (many) reasons I feel I may have a bit of aspergers/high fuctioning autism.

Asperger's and autism are like adhd, they're just a spectrum of human existence.
We don't care less, we're just more realistic about which things are important
to us because of the impact they have on us personally.

I think the majority of people feel much stronger about something that happens
in their own little part of the world, especially to people they actually know ...
than to someone half a world away that they never met.

I do care about terrible things happening in other places to other people,
but I just don't care as much as I care about it when it happens to me,
or to my family, or to my town.

People who don't have autism or adhd don't care enough to find out what these
disorders really are all about. And I understand that and give them a pass for
being ignorant. It's just not important to them personally.

But the people who are ignorant and think they know more than we do,
those of us who are actually living with the struggles and the reality ...
those are the people who cheese me off.

psychopathetic 05-04-18 12:38 PM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
((((((((((((((Gramma Lun Luns))))))))))))))

...
yeah, I should've worded things different. But I don't know how to. It's not that I don't care...
But honestly...I feel indifferent about these things. I know that sounds horrible, and I've often struggle with my indifference a lot myself...but there's this dsconnect between me and things that happen and I just feel like a robot.
And it's not just world events like public shootings...but it can be very personal events too. Like the day me and my mom were at the hospital with my dad...and his face turned purple and he passed out and they set off an alarm for a code blue and started to perform cpr on him. Me and my mom were taken out with a Chaplin, and I though for sure he'd passed away right then and there.
Yet...I didn't feel a thing. No fear, no sadness, no...nothing. I was completely calm. I wasn't even shaking, and there was no strain in my voice. It was just like any ordinary day.

I was talking to my group just a few months before my mom passed about how I was afraid that even when my parents passed away...I was afraid I wouldn't feel anything about it. That I'd never grieve or anything.
Now those worries have proven to be very wrong obviously...but that's how robotic I can be.

So I don't know what other word to use. I mean I do care...but at the same time, it's as if I don't.
I don't get it.

psychopathetic 05-04-18 01:03 PM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Also, I'm going to confront my case manager in group on tuesday (him and a therapist run the group).

I just typed up a super long rant about him...but deleted it.

I'm just sick of the way he treats me...and I want to confront him in my group because I want support and to also stand up for anyone else who may be feeling the same way about him.

He's very condesending, he keeps going on and on about how great of a case manager he is, he keeps telling me (us) about all the great things he can and will help us with...but then nothing ever happens...
And he keeps telling me to ask him for help, or he suggests things he himself can help me with...then it's like he tries backing out of it on me, and then turns it around like I'm being an idiot for asking him! WTF is that?

You know...if I ever want to actively seek out feeling like crud...I know I can always call him and hang out with him for 10 minutes. He'll be there for me on those good days I'm having, fully ready to stomp on me and put me down and be condesencing and treat me like and imbecile.

I was hoping he could help me more. He keeps telling me he can. But at this point I'm really starting to wonder why I'm wasting my time with him. He's very much so been a negative force in my life ever since he's been a part of it.

But damn it...I'm still reliant on his damned rides. :(

midnightstar 05-04-18 04:54 PM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
I miss my girl so much tonight :(

Why did she have to go through the crap the human race put her through?

They are scumbags, the people who hurt her so bad :mad:

I literally have tears in my eyes tonight, remembering her :(

psychopathetic 05-04-18 05:01 PM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
(((Midnight)))

:( :( :(

Lunacie 05-04-18 05:22 PM

Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by midnightstar (Post 1993924)
I miss my girl so much tonight :(

Why did she have to go through the crap the human race put her through?

They are scumbags, the people who hurt her so bad :mad:

I literally have tears in my eyes tonight, remembering her :(

I don't know why there are such horrible creatures in our world, I wouldn't
give them the dignity of calling them people. Scumbags is right.

But I'm so glad that Ebony got to be adopted by you and loved by you and
that she got to see that there are some pretty wonderful people in the world,
and she was loved by one of the wonderful ones. :grouphug:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums