ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community

ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community (http://www.addforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Parenting Issues (http://www.addforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   You know your child is ADHD when... (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49258)

Lunacie 04-07-08 08:44 PM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
... when she's in the same room with you and doesn't hear what you're saying TO her but when she's in the next room and she joins in the conversation you're having from the next room.

ashley3295 04-07-08 10:03 PM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
thats the truth!!

emirateswife 04-11-08 09:05 AM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
I must say I have never laughed so hard!!!!!! And i thought no one understood what my house was like..You all have made my day!!!! Thank you!!

SuperChan 04-11-08 06:14 PM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
It takes reminding your child 5 times in 3 minutes to take their medicine, not because they don't want it, but because they keep getting distracted by the iron.

mijahe 04-11-08 11:20 PM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacie (Post 552703)
At least she finally learned which shoe goes on which foot. :)

My son only managed to figure it out when he was ten. He'd walk around for a while with the shoes on the wrong feet until we pointed it out. We'd call him 'duck foot' until he noticed.

I was the same. Just couldn't figure it out. I'd always start putting them on the right feet, but then think I'd have to reverse them because what I was doing was wrong.

Lunacie 04-12-08 09:45 AM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mijahe (Post 576408)
My son only managed to figure it out when he was ten. He'd walk around for a while with the shoes on the wrong feet until we pointed it out. We'd call him 'duck foot' until he noticed.

I was the same. Just couldn't figure it out. I'd always start putting them on the right feet, but then think I'd have to reverse them because what I was doing was wrong.

And the six-year old still has days when she doesn't even look, she just puts one shoe on one foot and the shoe that's left over on the other foot.

I've known for the last 50 years (at least) the difference between east and west, and even though my head realizes that when I'm giving directions that my house is on the left side of the street, my mouth often says it's on the right side. It's like the wires get crossed as I am speaking. I think the same thing may happen with putting shoes on the wrong feet or putting clothes on front-to-back or even inside out.

Lady Lark 04-12-08 06:27 PM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacie (Post 576616)
I've known for the last 50 years (at least) the difference between east and west, and even though my head realizes that when I'm giving directions that my house is on the left side of the street, my mouth often says it's on the right side. It's like the wires get crossed as I am speaking.

lol I do the same thing, just with North and South. I can always get East and West right, but I'm always messing up the other two.

patboul 04-12-08 06:52 PM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
... he ask you a question, you answer it, ask the same question, you answer it, ask again that same question, .... At least it always finish with laughing:)

... he speak so fast, no you don't get it, soooo fast that you feel a kind of buzz in your head and you can follow his every thoughts.... Did I mention he speak fast? :):)

... he play with the sands on the soccer field in the middle of the game.

Lunacie 04-13-08 09:40 AM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by patboul (Post 576730)
... he ask you a question, you answer it, ask the same question, you answer it, ask again that same question, .... At least it always finish with laughing:)

... he speak so fast, no you don't get it, soooo fast that you feel a kind of buzz in your head and you can follow his every thoughts.... Did I mention he speak fast? :):)

... he play with the sands on the soccer field in the middle of the game.

I wish our girls would ask the question already, instead of saying "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Arrgghhh! Yes, what do you want?"

mijahe 04-13-08 05:28 PM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacie (Post 576930)
I wish our girls would ask the question already, instead of saying "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Arrgghhh! Yes, what do you want?"

LMAO. Same issue here. But not just with my son. My wife gets frustrated at me as well.

Jarleigannor 04-14-08 07:42 AM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunacie (Post 576930)
I wish our girls would ask the question already, instead of saying "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Yes?"... "Mom?"... "Arrgghhh! Yes, what do you want?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by mijahe (Post 576991)
LMAO. Same issue here. But not just with my son. My wife gets frustrated at me as well.

Both of my daughters are starting to stutter. Not the stuttering that I've seen from people who have the words in their heads and can't get them out of their mouths smoothly, but the kind that seems to be 'buying time' while they put the words together in their heads.
"Can I... ca... can...can...can I... ... Can I call Grandma?" (Usually with one eye on Spongebob or something)

Me, I just stand there and stare at my husband until I have a coherent sentence put together, lol.

momtoLandW 04-25-08 08:40 AM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
He goes into your bathroom to brush his teeth before school and comes out with your make-up all over his face (and no teeth brushed!) I wish I had a picture to show you. . .

LOL, your guys crack me up as much as mine! :D

Swede63 04-25-08 10:21 AM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
His teacher says he does just about everything possible with his chair except sit on it!

In an evaluation for neuro-psych. testing the teacher described my son as a "spinning top"

Along with the above descriptions he has a heart of gold (a hallmark trait in ADD children in my opinion)

Mom of Twins 04-25-08 01:12 PM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
My twins are only 3.5 but I think 1 if not both may end up dx ADD or ADHD. They are charming, happy, funny & way too smart!!!

My daughter was so serious as an infant(always looking at people out of the corner of her eye..studying) & wouldnt try to speak. My mom was sure she was autistic...finally when she Decided to speek at almost a year...Could pronounce any word perfectly & almost in sentences. She is extreamly determined to do things her way...not the normal toddler way. & as pleasent as a child as she is...loves hugs & cuddles has shown a very aggressive side. Like acting perfectly normal & then Suddenly reaches for her brother to pinch him while gritting her teeth! I have sine this since she was able to sit up.She has done it to me if I am trying to dicipline her.

My Son was late to get on his feet...15 months but once he did...he has never walked...just RAN. I am not exagerating. I dont think it is possible for him to just walk. And at night when he is sooooooooooo ready for bed...He needs to squirm around the bed. Often I look in & he is almost doing a headstand on his pillows but his feet still moving him around on the bed!

What to ya'll think?

j'sdad 04-28-08 08:30 AM

Re: You know your child is ADHD when...
 
J is the same when he sleeps, he moves so much you think that there has been an earthquake or a tornado, but only in his bed:D


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) 2003 - 2015 ADD Forums